♥the deal♥

Tasha

My friendship with Cleo ended just like that. Its been a couple of weeks since it broke and the scene kept on repeating in my mind.

"I don't need you Cleo." I said sternly in anger.

"Okay then let's just end it." Cleo said

"Fine. Its over." I declared and didn't even wait for her reply and left. I could hear footsteps going the opposite direction.

So this is it. I thought as I went to our car. I got in and that's when tears started to roll down my cheeks

I later comforted myself saying that Cleo was in the wrong because as my BFF she knew how much I loved Henry.

I was angry that she was insulting him despite knowing how much I loved him.

I was angry that she wanted my marriage to end.

However I have never felt so friendless before. Cleo was my only closest BFF I had. We could share almost everything but it was all over.

Was I wrong?

Owning a company is another stressful and exhausting thing. We were currently working on the Santos Deal which required my company and rival company to create a car which can be used to transport essential people like ministers, senators,  presidents etc.

My company also created its own cars so this was a good opportunity for my company to reach greater heights. With this deal i could expand my company to other countries as well so I worked my butt off. Hopefully, my company will win this deal.

This deal has made me hardly see my family. I could leave early before they wake up and come back late when they are already asleep. I couldn't wait to get this over with so that I can spent quality time with my family.

Only one thing could make me loose the deal, because I'm a woman so I let Nicholas Hunt, my business partner to step in as the president for the last five years while I was the real president. Nic was my father's best friend's son. My father and his owned the Benson Transportation Company but my father was regarded as the owner because he contributed a larger share. It was a 60:40 situation.

I decided to let Nic the president because of the likes of the Santos men who regarded women who owned a company a waste of resources. They viewed women as part of property who should stay home fulfilling their husband's needs, do household chores and taking care of the family.

Today we were going to present our car to the Santos so that they pick which car they wanted. Nic was the one going to present for our company. We had already designed the car and made it.

I reached the office at six and Nic was already there setting up our presentation on a projector.

"Morning, Tasha." He smiled.

"Morning Nic. " I smiled back. "Did you correct what I indicated on the email I sent you?

"Yes I did. Let's check it again maybe I missed something." He said.

"Nic,  I don't want to check it. I know you have done even better than I imagined." I trusted him. We were friends since we were little.

"Oh come on let's check it." He pouted trying hard to give me a puppy face. I laughed and he also joined in.

"You're going to be the death of me." I said between laughs. "Okay let's check, if you insist."

We watched the projected presentation about the car we were going to present.

"You like it." Nic asked grinning. I pulled a dislike face causing his grin to disappear. "O r you don't?

"No. I love it. You should have seen your face. It was hilarious. I should have taken a picture." I laughed. He smacked my arm causing me to laugh even more.