' Am I just being a dramatic bitch? ' , Dahee questions herself since the insecurities were getting the best of her.

More like getting on the worst side of her furious jealousy. She didn't wanna be concluded as an overreacting girlfriend to Sunoo but her heart ached whenever flashing the memory of how he's holding the Mijin girl's hand so gently this afternoon.

Dahee hated it. And she also hated herself for behaving this way when things would be settled the easier way afar from drama if she slipped this away like it's nothing necessary.

❝ Where were you this afternoon? ❞ Dahee's detective mode was on as she demanded answers from her boyfriend.

❝ O-Oh, I was just helping Jake hyung at the library! Sorry that I forgot to pick you up. ❞ Knowingly of Dahee, Sunoo could assure that his lover wouldn't like the fact that he was with another woman this time even if it's just a simple interaction.

Jangmi told Dahee that she and Jake were busy dating the whole afternoon, which meant that.....Sunoo'd lied to her?

❝ Are you sure? Jangmi told me that she's with Jake the whole time though. ❞ Narrowing her brows with a 'slightly' witty expression, the girl tested her boyfriend again.

She didn't expect Sunoo to lie unless he's willing to hide some kind of stuff from her. What was going on between Mijin and him?

❝ Sunoo-ah, can you please stare at my eyes and tell me the truth? I might have seen some things you didn't want me to see today. ❞ Dahee pledges since she didn't wanna ruin their healthy relationship with a misunderstanding so clumsily as she'd already offended Sunoo very much in the past.

The blonde-haired boy gave up as his peachy lips pouted immediately before exhaling as he's ready to confess about the ongoing bet between his pals and him.

❝ I really can't hide anything from you, huh? ❞ Ruffling Dahee's chocolate strands, the sunshine admitted that he's indeed keeping something from her. The said girl was gulping nervously as she could just pray for the matter to not turn out hugely impactful.

❝ Sunghoon hyung and Jake hyung made a bet with me whether Na Mijin will fall for Jay hyung or not. ❞ Well, that explained every complicated stuff so specifically for Dahee as she could finally sigh in relief.

Gasping in awe, Dahee patted her poor chest which was shaking for unnecessary reasons earlier. ❝ Thank god, I was worried if that girl has something to do with you or not. ❞ Dahee's shoulders lifted with joy that things got solved the easy way.

❝ Are you insane? Excuse you cause I belong to the one and only Moon Dahee right here. ❞ Sunoo cutely scoffed before pinching his girlfriend's mochi cheeks as their fluttering smiles immediately replaced on their gorgeous faces.

❝ But, aren't Jay and Mijin dating already? ❞

-

Only if the whole campus could figure out that Mijin's tangled to be in a love affair with Park Jongseong just because of that one stupid contract.

❝ Gee, I wasn't gonna kiss you cutie. ❞

Why.did.that.bastard.have.to.drive.her.heart.and.mind.insane?!

Mijin scowled before aggressively punching the flawless pillow beside her on the whitish mattress as if it was Park Jongseong.

She couldn't deny that the jerk always gets dwelled around her mind so often even if she hates to admit it.

❝ What did the pillow even do to you? Chill down, little miss fury. ❞ Her brother appeared like a ghost to her room with the tray of snacks in his hands as usual.

How did he even smoothly got inside her room or was Mijin too focused on Jongseong that she's forgetting about others?

' Well, that was embarrassing. '

Just when Mijin's chugging down the glass of pure milk, the girl had to choke on her drink after her ears shocked captivated Jaemin's words next.

❝ Who's the guy that drove you home today? Is he the same guy who courted you that day? ❞ The curious cat couldn't help but question as he continuously blinked his long lashes, in away begging his sister to spill the tea as he wanted to know the necessity as a brother should.

How did Jaemin even see them? The wise young man who just came back from grocery shopping unexpectedly witnessed an expensive black Ferrari in front of their house and a manly voice calling out for his sister as 'baby' wasn't so ordinary to Jaemin.

Mijin admired her unbiological brother's enviable memory when hers was cranky most of the time. ❝ H-How do you even remember? ❞ The girl busily wiped her messy lips with a tissue, after choking for some tiresome times.

❝ I'm Na Jaemin who has a sexy brain, duh. But what is his name though? ❞ Not to be an overprotective brother from various kinds of families but Jaemin just wanted to 'explore' about this mischievous dude before giving him access to freely stroll around his precious little sister.

❝ Park Jongseong, why would you wanna know? ❞

So he's the one who paid all of their hospital charges. Seems like the young adult was from a wealthy family to afford this much of donation to their family just because of his tiny bitzy admiration of Mijin.

But rather than investing more into that case, Jaemin's mind pulled the familiar memory from watching the news that day.

❝ Park Jongseong, as in the SSS company's inheritor?! ❞ Mijin hesitantly nodded in clarification as she didn't expect her brother to be this overwhelmed by the sudden news.

❝ Also known as the one who's set to be on an engagement with your stepsister?! ❞

« end of a chapter »