[01] just wanna go gome

for: GypsyJive91

trigger warnings: injury, mention of blood

y/n/n: your nickname

-

[for the sake of filling in the gaps: you moved with a family member with daniel and his mum, from jersey, and you're staying in the same apartment complex with your *choice of family member*]

-

Imagine...

Overhearing Daniel arguing with his mother over her choice to move from Jersey. As his best friend, you decide to step in and try to help...

 As his best friend, you decide to step in and try to help

-

You hear it before you see it. Daniel's voice echoing through the apartment complex as your hand freezes from searching for your keys in your bag. He slams his hands against the walls as he yells about going home. "Why can't we just go back home!?"

"Listen to me." Lucille starts to pat his face with a piece of cloth as you walk closer to them. "I cannot help you unless you tell me what's wrong."

"I gotta take karate, that's it."

"You took karate."

"No, not at the Y, a good school!"

"Fighting doesn't solve anything."

"Yeah, well neither does palm trees, Ma."

You close in on them at that moment and Lucille turns to you with surprise but also a little bit of relief. "Ah, Y/N, do you want to try and ask him what happened to his bike? Maybe he'll tell you the truth."

"I told you the truth, Ma!"

You decide to try and ease the situation, suggesting that you go inside. "Hey, is it okay if I come in and watch a movie tonight, Miss LaRusso?"

She catches on and agrees, knowing that he will easily go along and back inside if you are there as well. "Of course, let's go in- oh, what about the bike?"

Daniel sighs, as his mother takes his arms and guides him back to their apartment, with you closely following. "It's safer taking the bus."

-

Once inside, Lucille goes to find some first aid supplies but pauses when Daniel goes straight to his room, mumbling to himself about New Jersey. She sighs, and you share a look before going after him. "I got it," you mouth to her.

She smiles in thanks. "Take this." She whispers, handing you a bag filled with plasters and alcohol wipes. You had been Daniel's best friend since you were both four years old, and she knew that when he was angry, or upset, you were the only person he would even consider listening to.

You head over to his door, tapping your special coded knock, before twisting the knob and letting yourself in. His back is against the wall, his long legs dangling over the edge of the bed. He looks up at you as you close the door and smile. "Hey."

"What's up?" He mutters.

"Oh, you know, just coming to check on my sulky, and bleeding best friend." Your eyes widen when you notice the blood that has fallen a little down the side of his face.

"That all?"

"Yep." You plop down on his bed next to him and cross your legs, ready to get the truth. "So, what really happened, Danny? Those kids from the beach, again, huh?"

"Why'd you even ask?" He huffs, touching his head and wincing when his two fingers coat with blood.

"Idiot! Don't touch it." You tut him and then unzip the bag that his mother had given you. "Here." You wipe his head, slapping his hand away whenever he would complain, and then cover it with a cut-out square of gauze. "And you were the one who spilt to me about the fight on the beach, so it wasn't much of a guessing game."

"Whatever. I just wanna go back home."

"It's not so bad here." You put the medical supplies away and throw the bag on his bedside table. "I mean, despite the obvious of you getting beat up on, I like it."

"You do?" He asks, looking at you like you're crazy.

"Yeah, come on. I miss Jersey, too, but I didn't have any friends there. Here, I've gained a little group of really nice people, I like my classes.. and have you been to golf 'n' stuff yet because it's so fun."

"Lucky for you. My only friends are still back home."

"Excuse me! What about your best friend? She's sitting right in front of you. And she's trying to help you, but you are making it so incredibly difficult right now, you know?"

"Jeez, I'm sorry! I appreciate it, really, Y/N."

"You'd better. Now, how's your head?"

He goes to touch it again, but when you frown, he stops and rolls his eyes. "Better, I think."

"Alright, well, maybe we just give this place a few more weeks, huh? If you still aren't happy here, by... let's say - New Year, then I will personally help you plan some kind of 'reasons why we should go back home' speech for your Mum." You giggle at yourself and Daniel finally smiles, finding you amusing, as usual. "Sound good?"

He chuckles, holding his side as he sits up and offers his hand. "Deal." You shake his hand and then you both fall back against the wall together, staring at the stack of books leaning against the opposing wall. "What now?"

"A game of scrabble? With curse words acceptable this time." You suggest, over a laugh.

"Mm, okay. I'll go get the box."

He stands, groaning at his sore ribs as he does. "Soda?"

"Please."

He leaves the room, then, but not before popping his head back in and whispering, "by the way... thank you."

You jump to your feet and plant a quick kiss on his cheek. "Anytime, Danny."

He smiles, and you return to his bed, smoothing out the blankets, and making it as flat as possible for the board to sit on.

Meanwhile, Daniel mindlessly collects the game, some drinks and a few pieces of candy from the kitchen. All the while, wearing a pretty pink blush on his face as his mind lingers on the kiss you had just landed on his skin.

His mother looks up from the sofa, looking pleased as she asks, "Is everything okay now, Daniel."

"Uh.. yeah, Ma. Everything's good. Oh, and I'm sorry, Ma, for yelling out there, you know."

She smiles and nods, and then Daniel appears back in the doorway to his room, smiling. "Time to kick your ass at scrabble then, Y/N/N."

-

This is the first time I've written since having a, like, 6 month writer's block thing, so I really hope you like it!