48. Hotel Talks - ✭ Monica ✭

Start from the beginning

Always. But I don't answer him verbally since the answer is obvious.

He reaches down and grabs ahold of my wrist, the one that still is encased by the gold bracelet he gave me.

"And you still wear this?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Do you still wear yours?" He strips off his shirt and I see the gold chain hanging around his neck with the ring on it. "You didn't have to go and take your shirt off. You could've just pulled the necklace out or answered verbally." But he had done it on purpose, because now that he's shirtless, I can see that he's a bit more buff. He's more toned too.

"Want me to put it back on?" I look his body over, missing the sight of it. He's so handsome, even without the extra buffness and tone. He was perfect the way he was. "I take it that's a no?"

I roll my eyes at him with, "you probably should."

"But you don't want me to?"

"You know how attracted I am to you. I married you for fuck's sake." He snorts out a laugh at that but then frowns.

"Heard you were trying to move on."

"Well, when your spouse blocks you from everywhere, I'm pretty sure it's safe to do that."

"Fair point." He reaches out for me but I dodge him. I had no closure because of what he did.

"Why did you do that?" He looks away from me. "I get it, I hurt you, but you didn't need to void me from your life."

"Don't you get it?" He lets out a wry laugh of a noise. "I can't fucking void you from my life, no matter how badly I want to or try. I'm still not over you." He grabs at the chain around his neck. "If that isn't already obvious."

"You still dead set on the same future?" His features look pained and I know the answer. Yes. He still doesn't want what I want. "I see."

"I still want you though. I still want to be with you. Still want to have a future with you."

"You want to have your future," I corrected.

"Yeah, because I'm a selfish prick and don't want to pass on my genetic flaws or die when they're like five or whatever. Sue me." He snatches his shirt and puts it back on, flexing every muscle as he does so. My traitorous body shivers at the sight. "Why do you look like you want to fuck me?"

"Wow, you're an arrogant asshole." I go to walk away but he grabs ahold of my arm, pulling me into him. "Boston, what're you—" His lips are on mine. His hands are all over my body and I hate the way my body automatically responds to him. It's natural, almost instinctual. After a moment I manage to push him off of me. "Don't do that. You can't do things like that."

He arches a brow. "And why not?"

"Because you know I want you. You know I still care for you. It fucking confuses me because I'm angry with you. And," I shake my head and scan his body again. He's even more fit, delicious looking, really. I'm sure there's someone appreciating all the man that is Boston. "And my guess is you've slept with other people." His features harden and it makes my heart hurt. "You have, haven't you?" He nods and I turn away from him, not wanting him to see the emotions going on inside of me. "Are you seeing someone?"

"In a way— yes." I feel my fists tighten, nails pressing into the flesh of my palms. "It's just sex."

"It's just sex?" I let out a sardonic laugh. "Just sex." I bite my lip trying not to snap at him. "I think you should go now."