20: Here's the Gate. Here's the Boat.

Tulio cleared a table and started planning. "Here's the gate, here's the boat."

"uh-huh, and?" said Chel. You sighed, she had no idea. 

"Here's the gate. Here's the boat. uh, here's the goat, here's the bate-"

"Tulio!"

Some water splashed down and moved the 'boat' and 'bridge'. "That's it! We'll crash the boat into the pillars."

"That's it? I mean- but- what about the gold?"

He sobbed and whined, "Chief!" you nudged him and he cleared hi throat. "Chief. I've got a plan."

Everything was arranged. The entrance was to be closed but breaking down the pillars. "Okay, chief! on my signal," said Tulio. "Ready! Hit the Pilar!" They did so, but they broke to fast. The Pilars would crash you. 

You went to let go the sails and Tulio joined you but it was stuck. That's when you heard Altivo and Miguel. "Are you crazy?" asked Tulio. 

Miguel ignored him and jumped into the sails, bringing them down. You ran over to him and Tulio said, "Get off the boat Miguel, or you'll never see the city again."

"I know," answered Miguel and you caught the playful glint in his eyes. 

"You never let us have all the fun, do you?" you said, smiling. 

Tulio' whole soul seemed to brighten as Miguel said, "Come on, we have a wave to catch."

The pilar fell and you struggle to keep the boat steady on the powerful current. "Hold on!"

Waves rocked the boat and gold fell everywhere. Then you neared the entrance. "Turn the boat!"

You did so and hit the pillars. You were shot forward and into the water. The entrance collapsed and water calmed. 

Tulio started laughing, "It worked!" he was doing a happy dance when Chel pulled him behind a rock.

"Get down," she hissed. 

You watched Cortes and his men, led by Tzekel-kan, found the closed entrance. Cortes kicked Tzekel-kan down and said, "There is no El Dorado here, onward men."

They left but not before a desperate Tzekel-kan saw you. He was dragged away. You all laughed. 

"Now that was an adventure," said Miguel. 

"Yes, yes it was," said Tulio. "And, um," he began sobbing, "It was so much gold." He sighed. "I'm fine." 

You glanced at Altivos golden horseshoes. 

"Let's go," said Chel. 

You got up and held you hand out to Tulio. Miguel did the same and said, "Partners?"

Tulio smiled, "Partners." You did your  handshake.

"Hey guys, come on, you don't want to stay here forever, do you?" you heard Chel call out. 

"But.." you began. 

"We don't have a map," said Miguel.

"We don't have a plan," added Tulio. 

"Well that's what makes it interesting," countered Chel. 

You smiled. "You're right."

"Let's follow that trail!" she said, leaving on Altivo into the jungle. 

The three of you watched her go and then got up and ran after it, laughing. You tried calling Altivo but he wouldn't listen. 

"Chel, we're not on the horse!" called Tulio. 

Chel laughed. 

You chased the sun and once again, you were on square one.

On the Trail you blaze.