Raccoon

(TW for panic attacks.)

Tommy was... Different.

That much was clear from simply looking at his hunched over, shy form and his ragged clothes. His eyes also seemed incredibly dull and his body seemed covered in bruises and his ankle seemed broken. He was also severely malnourished.

Whatever happened, had clearly torn this boy apart. The thought alone made Techno unreasonably angry. Now that he has a child of his own that he wishes to protect, he can't help but imagine Arrow in Tommy's position, and his instincts screamed to help the hurt pup.

"Tommy, what are you doing in my house?" The question was much less angry than what Techno would have asked a few months ago. Now he sounded more worried than anything.

"Uhm... He-hello..." Tommy mutters nervously. "How are... How are you?"

Techno sighs and hugs Arrow just a fraction tighter. That hesitation is not Tommy. Someone had broken this child.

"Tommy, please just... Just answer the question. I am really not in the mood." Techno sighs, clearly exhausted after the failed execution attempt.

"Wait... Is that a kid?" Tommy mutters, finally noticing the child.

Techno nods as Arrow eyes Tommy warily. Fair, considering two of the people who came to kill their father was around Tommy's age.

"Oh..."

That... Wasn't the reaction Techno was expecting. He was braced for Tommy to cheer and laugh at the universe at how he was no longer the youngest player on the server.

The small 'oh' and nothing more was so not Tommyinnit that it threw Technoblade off. So the scars weren't just physical. Great.

"Come on, nerd. Let's talk inside when we're not freezing and when I manage to get changed." Techno loosely shows off his blood soaked clothes.

Tommy furrows his brows at the blood, but this wasn't anything new for "The Blade". Techno often times came back to Pogtopia covered in monster and human blood.

Only difference was, it was his own blood that he was soaked in this time.

"Yeah... Yeah, okay." Tommy mutters, eyes darting around the snowy clearing.

Tommy didn't trust Technoblade, nor did he trust this new child. However, he was so very cold, and hungry, and tired and he wanted nothing more than to feel safe and okay again. So, Tommyinnit followed Technoblade inside.

It was about ten to fifteen minutes that Arrow and Tommy were left alone together as Techno changes and cleans himself up.

"So... Who are you?" Tommy asks curiously. This wasn't an adult, this was a child several years younger than him. It should be okay to ask them questions.

"Arrowhead. You?" Arrow asks, wrapping themself in a big fluffy blanket.

Tommy stares at the blanket slightly jealous, but answers anyway.

"Tommyinnit. Tommy for short. How old are you?"

"Eight, I think." Arrow mutters, playing with the ends of their cloak idly.