Regret 4: Sympathetic Kiss

Start from the beginning

"I know this seems weird, but I can't take it, I'm cleaning these dishes, even if it takes me a solid year." I declared. I've spent a few days here and every time I stepped into the kitchen I felt the urge to clean it. Now I can't help it, I have to.

Ashton laughed. "Be my guest, there's dish soap under the sink," he nodded and I shrugged and started at it. He stood in his place and watched me cautiously. "It really bothers you that much, huh?"

I rolled my eyes. "I very much admire having a clean surrounding," I explained and started with washing the plates and glasses, which there was tons. I'd probably have to change water half way through, probably a couple time thought washing the pile of gross dishes.

Ashton hummed and leaned himself against the fridge, and got himself something to eat from the cupboard above, just to make himself more enjoyable while he watched me clean his home. "You like a clean freak?"

"You never told me why you ran in here out of breath," I changed the subject. I've learned how to do that from the best.

Ashton chuckled. "I heard you were up here by yourself." He smirked and pulled his bottom lip between his teeth, and he knew damn well what he was doing.

I watched him before rolling my eyes and looking back to the sink filled with dirty dishes and bubbles. "You're a bad liar," I chuckled.

He laughed and shoved a handful of chips into his mouth. "Probably better than you," he retorted, "but to be honest that wasn't completely a lie."

I hummed knowing that wasn't the reason at all. "You know, I'm shocked Reagan le-"

"Why are you friends with her?" He cut me off.

I stayed silent and focused on doing a bunch of the dishes at hand. Before I looked at him and smiled, "she's my best friend. Why are you friends with Michael, Calum, and Luke?" I see it as the same question.

"Cause we're in a band together," Ashton laughed like it was obvious.

"Not because you're friends?"

"Well we weren't when we first started but now we are. But, they don't treat me like shit," he walked closer to me.

"Reagan doesn't treat me like sh-"

I was cut off by Ashton's obnoxious laugh. "Yeah right, c'mon, you can't be that stupid. The whole time I've hung out with both of you she treats you horribly. Sure, she is nice and I've seen her be quality best friend material or whatever, but still. She hauls you around like a purse, and she makes you do her dirty work, and I know for a fact you clean up after her once she made a mess. I know because of stories," he stated, and crossed his arms over his chest.

I knew he had a point. If Reagan messed up on something big time, I normally helped her fix it, but isn't that just what best friends do. She does it for me. "Great analogies, but, I'm friends with her because I want to and because she's my best friend. Why are you friends with her?" I'm kind of curious.

Ashton chuckled. "Because Luke has a huge crush on her. Honestly, Reagan was a girl I found at the mall. Luke was with me and he was too shy to go up to her so I did it for him. Basically I became friends with Reagan so Luke could get to her," Ashton explained and it's sweet actually, and adorable on Luke's part.

I nodded, "okay. So you're only still friends with her because of Luke, because I'm sure there's more of a reason than that." Everyone loves Reagan, they all want to be her friends, everyone wants to be apart of her life.

"Nope. I would've been perfectly fine without her ever being in my life," he sounded confident when he spoke. I could've sworn he really meant it.

I hummed, "whatever you say. But you're friends with her now and you wouldn't want to break that friendship," I pointed my finger at him and accidentally flicked water at him. I covered my mouth and giggled as he sighed dramatically and wiped the drops off his face.