Renesmee, subdued by the realization that sharing a bedroom may not be entirely fun and games, nodded quietly. Edward looked at me next, but I didn't respond. 

I didn't want to share a room. I didn't want a room at all. I didn't even want to be here. But now, on top of having to do all of those things, there would be consequences if I didn't do them correctly.

"Do I make myself clear?" Edward asked again, raising his eyebrows at me.

I nodded. There was nothing else I could do. 

Smiling now that we had both acknowledged his words, Edward nodded to the stairs. "Well, it sounds like they're all done with the bedroom setup. You two can head up and look at your bedroom". 

Renesmee bolted from the room. I stayed in place.

I didn't want to see the new bedroom. I didn't want to walk past Emmett, who was still terrifying to me. I just wanted to stay where I was, pressed into Esme's side and hardly noticeable as I silently listened to the voices around me. 

"Come on!" Renesmee's voice was impatient, demanding that I follow her out of the kitchen. Esme's hand gently pushed me forward, and I sent her a pleading glace. 

"We have some grownup things to talk about, so this is a good time for you and Renesmee to go have fun," she insisted with another gentle push. "Go on and explore your new room. There is plenty to do in it, so I am sure you and Renesmee can occupy yourselves until lunchtime. Ask her for a tour of the whole house."

Ah, yes. Grownup things. Subjects I was clearly too dumb to understand.

When I still didn't move, Esme called for Renesmee, asking her to show me around the house. Renesmee ran back in, grabbing my hand and quickly pulling me from the room. As we raced up the stairs, Esme called after us, "Girls, walk please!"

Renesmee sighed, slowing a tiny bit.

The door was open to the bedroom that Renesmee and I were meant to share. We walked in and the first thing I noticed was Bella, standing next to the bed closest to the window, straightening a stuffed rabbit. The next thing I noticed was that the color of the walls had changed, going from a bright lavender color to a softer, pale yellow. I liked this color better, though. It reminded me of the cooler tones of the forest. All of the bright colors, the white lights, and the shiny surfaces here were giving me a headache.

Renesmee immediately ran to the bed that I wanted- the one  closest to the window. 

"Hi, Pookie!" She picked up the stuffed rabbit on the bed. Holding it tight to her chest, she tumbled onto the bed, messing up the pink and white blankets that Bella had just straightened. She laid on her back, looking all around at the room with a grin.

Renesmee's eyes widened as she looked across the room at a fluffy pink carpet. There was an open chest next to it, showing off the trinkets inside, and a basket of stuffed animals next to it. "New toys!" She was on her feet again, darting over to the apparent play area.

She went through the chest, piling spinning tops, slinkys, wooden planes and toy cars on the floor as she explored. She was quickly distracted by a wooden dollhouse that was sitting just off the rug, turning to look at all of the dolls and furniture.

"And a new dollhouse," Renesmee gasped. "Thank you, Mama!"

Bella was smiling as she said, "You're welcome, Ness." Then Bella turned to look at me, still standing in the doorway. "Come on in, Honey. Most of these new toys we bought with you in mind. Renesmee already has quite a few toys in the closet, but we thought it would be helpful to have enough for you to both play with without conflict."