Chapter II: Black Jack.

Start from the beginning

"How exactly do you expect to get it from him?" Whitey asked looking at me in a challenging way.

Eight minutes later.

I hid close to the bag as Whitey walked up to Renaldo.

"Good game." He said as he shook his hand.

"It was okay" Renaldo answered

"Say uh, how'd you manage to stack the deck?"  (Stack the deck meaning cheat)

"I Did not. Boy, you're outta line!" He said shaking his head.

I stood in the distance and threw my knife toward the bag of money.  It fell on the floor and Bella quickly replaced it with another before Renaldo reached down to pick it up.

I signaled at Whitey to quit arguing with him already.

Whitey looked at me and then said: "well fine then!! I guess we just have cheaters now! No harm no foul!" He said in fake frustration as he threw his hands in the air to gesture that he was giving up.

Whitey walked back over to where I was.

"So you managed to listen for once" Whitey said

"So you managed to throw down your pride for once!" I answered

"Fair enough Soph" he said as he leaned in stepped a little closer to me.

Suddenly the image of all the pain I felt after Whitey abandoned me flashed in my head, combined with the image of Cora and her laying down her life for Whitey. I remembered my anger.

I grabbed him by his shirt,(even though he was taller then me) and said: "Listen here Whitey, just because we worked together for like one second, doesn't mean we're friends! You can come in here if you want, but don't pretend like I will just forget what you did!"  I said seriously
At first he didn't say anything then he smiled

"You miss me don't you?" He said with a dumb smirk.

"No." I said still holding his shirt.

"I missed you. Haven't met many girls who would be this-" he  be paused looked down at my hands and smiled. "Strong willed"

"Fuck off." I said and I let go of his shirt.

"How's Louis?" Whitey asked innocently.

"Fine."

"Come on Sophie, you know he can never make you as happy as you were with me." He said trying to reason with me.

"Leave Louis out of this." I said looking at the ground. He walked up to me and pulled my chin up to look at him.

"Sophie, stop lying to yourself." Whitey said

"First of all, I'm not! Louis is amazing and he has a heart of gold. Second of all, tell me Whitey, when exactly did I say you could touch me?" I said as I pushed his hand off of my chin.

"Oh yeah, I remember now, you always quite liked being in charge."  Whitey joked

"Jesus Christ, Whitey! You do realize that we ARE NOT together anymore!?"

"I didn't want to—they made-" he began to say but then he looked at Bella who was standing in the distance bar tending.

"Never mind."  He muttered

"Yeah, that's what I thought." I said and I began to walk out of the room.

"Wait! Sophie!" He said and I paused in the doorway to turn around

"I'm sorry,I really am. Also Louis's a great guy, if you like him, I'm not judging you or anything...I promise I'm not gonna bother you anymore." He said

"Where are you staying?" I asked.

"I don't really know, I got here this afternoon."

"Ugh." I paused.. "You can stay at our place, my mom's renting some of the rooms out." I said annoyed but still slightly concerned.

"Really?" He said with that silly grin he always had.

"No I'm lying, yes really." I said

"Sophie you ain't gon regret this" he said as he began to walk out. Before he left, he kissed my cheek.

"You know, I'll always care about you." He said

"Stop Whitey...please. Don't lead me on just to hurt me."

Whitey looked sad
"What if I didn't hurt you."

"Exactly..."What if" ". I stated as I walked off towards my table. Leaving him in the dust.