One last tear runs down my cheek "but please don't tell Charlie. He's just made friends" My father was a good listener, I liked that about him "Don't worry, little one. He won't find out about this. In fact, I've had that several times. With time, the grief wears off. Besides" he points to the sweets. "If I've already brought you these, they should at least be useful. Chocolate makes you happy my darling" "Thank you dad" I took him in my arms as it was customary for us St. George's.

"You can always come to me, daughter" he says proudly and finally leaves the room after he releases himself from the embrace. Before he leaves the room, he turns to me for a moment. "Number 32. My daughter has good taste". I looked it up and sure enough, Montgomery de la Cruz wears the number 32. How did he know? How did he know it was Monty and not Bryce or Luke? Later I noticed that the number had been embroidered on Monty's jacket, somewhat hidden but still there.
Sad as it is I will have to give monty his jacket back.

I don't know how, but somehow I managed to fall asleep. Around 7 o'clock I started to get ready. I didn't put on any make-up like the day before. For what anyway? The only thing I really did on myself for today was the typical hygiene stuff like brushing my teeth and combing my hair. Last but not least, I put on a grey Jamsuit. Somehow I liked it because it reflected my mood today, even if it was a bit shorter and not exactly suitable for the weather. But I didn't really care about that now. I didn't care what Charlie or anyone else would say.

Just before I left the room, I slung my backpack over my shoulders. The boys must have fallen asleep during the game yesterday because all three except Charlie were sleeping peacefully on the couch with the appearance that no one could wake them. My eyes fell directly on Monty. His hair was slightly dishevelled and unlike Luke or Bryce, he didn't snore. In this situation, asleep, Monty looked like he would never want to hurt anyone. He looked like he was the most peaceful person in the world. Maybe he was, but his words yesterday proved me wrong.

I had tied his jacket around my backpack, which I now untied, of course. In my hand I had a certain momentum of anger and I threw it right in his face, waking him up. Maybe that had been my aim. Monty looked at me from the couch, "Morning, St. George" I didn't give him a smile or answer what he said, "Your jacket. The one you gave me yesterday" He eyed my outfit a bit "Better keep it and put it on" He threw it back in my direction. I, however, didn't even bother to catch it, later I just picked it up from the floor.

Like every day, Charlie cursed that we would be late. So there was no breakfast for me on my second day at school either. I was lucky that I had taken some chocolate bars from the tablet.

On the car ride I didn't exchange a word with the driver Bryce, nor with the passenger monty, nor with Luke who was sitting next to me, not even with Charlie.

The rest of the school week was like any other. At lunch time I always sat at the table with the other cheerleaders, I liked the attention from the other students. One of them, Debroah Beauford, or simply Debi, had suggested throwing a party at my house. Sort of a welcome home party. I knew that neither Charlie nor my father, who was away on business anyway, would mind if I had a party with some people from school.

Debi and her friend, what I would rather call a lap dog, Leanna, arrived at my house hours before to get me ready. Unlike Jess, they looked really professional. I also invited Jess and the athletes, it was Debi's idea to invite them.

After they had finished with me, I was finally allowed to look at myself in the mirror. They had also brought me a dress, it was black, tight, had a low neckline and was made of leather. Somehow it looked very cheap on me together with the much too strong make-up I couldn't let myself be seen at my first party. I decided to simply ask, "Are you sure? Isn't that too provocative?" Debi shook her head and Leanne did the same "Don't, sweetheart. You look fantastic and not cheap at all. You are beautiful" She had such a smile that it was disconcerting.I tried to force a smile on my face. I didn't know why I felt so sick to my stomach but Debi and Leanne were much more experienced with parties than I was so I decided to listen to them.