"By the way," Areum pulled on her drawer, withdrawing an envelope. She slid it towards the other without a word.

Gyeoul opened the envelope, taking out the beach-themed card.

You are invited to..

"You're getting married?" Gyeoul exclaimed upon reading the tagline.

"No, idiot." Areum huffed. Gyeoul tried not to take offense by getting called an idiot by an 18 year old. "It's not my wedding." She pointed towards the cursive letters in the center.

Indeed it wasn't Areum's name. Some couple with Seo and Park as a surname was getting married next week. Due to the card's theme, Gyeoul concluded that it was a beach wedding.

"Good for them..?" Gyeoul said reluctantly, confused as to why Areum was showing her the invitation card.

"Can you come with?" Areum asked.

Gyeoul's brows furrowed. "I don't even know these people." She raised the card.

"Neither do I. But the groom is friends with mom and I don't want to be left alone with a bunch of old people." Areum huffed.

Gyeoul could not help but coo. "Aww, you want me there with you?" She raised her tone.

"I mean, you're kinda old too but you'll do."

Gyeoul's smile instantly dropped. "Girl, I'm only 21."

Areum shrugged. "Older than me."

Gyeoul sighed exasperatedly. Maybe she was old.

"Don't bother thinking about it. Mom will bring it up at dinner and will find a way to make you come. You're practically her second daughter by now." Areum said.

"Then why ask?"

Areum marked a period on her last worksheet. "Formality."

•••

At the time, Gyeoul did not think much of the wedding. She found it rejuvenating actually. She finally had a summer related agenda. She can finally consider her 'summer vacation', an actual vacation. Who in the right mind would pass up a free 3-day trip to the beach? She found the circumstance convenient since it would also help take her mind off of.. certain things.

Initially, she was skeptical in attending a couple's wedding whom she did not give two shits about but as Seoyun explained that it was a grand wedding and that they were encouraged to bring a plus one, the insecurity instantly vanished.

She was capable of clapping and faking a smile for half an hour. Easy. No problem. Certainly. Basic. She was practically a veteran. Kudos to her college professors who had the humour of 6 year olds.

Gyeoul was supposed to hitch a ride with Yeji but she was specifically instructed by Seoyun to head to the mansion as they will be the ones leaving for the venue altogether. She had no choice but to oblige. Seoyun literally threatened her with stripping her from the job. If kidding, not sure.

As the day of the departure came, Gyeoul was packing last minute.

"Ooh! That's a cute bikini set!" Yeji commented, seeing Gyeoul aimlessly throwing things inside her small suitcase.