Chapter 8- One Final Visit

Start from the beginning

"Nightmare?"

Dream stood from the bed and scooped up his bag.  George looked at it, then the askew drawers, and finally the open window.  Sapnap swore loudly.

"You do have Dream, don't you?"

At that moment, Wilbur swung himself into the room, his eyes alight with murderous intents.  George and Sapnap shrank away, holding tightly to one another.  Dream's heart cracked even further.  This was not how he wanted this night to go.  He couldn't help but look at Sapnap and George's intertwined hands, his stomach boiling.

"Which one of you is George," Wilbur said in a cold, low voice.  George shakily rose his hand, his eyes darting between the two intruders.  "As in the George who's dating Dream?"

George nodded, swallowing.  Sapnap stepped forward, shielding George with his body.

"Not anymore."

"I must have been misinformed then.  How long have you two been together?"

"A few months, what's it to you?"

"Again, I was misinformed.  I was under the impression George and Dream were still dating."

"Well, Dream's delusional if the thinks that.  He was never good about getting over his ex's," Sapnap snapped wildly.  George was cowering behind him, wiping his eyes.

"Perfect.  That means he's fair game for me now, thank you.  I was told he had a boyfriend, so I made no advances."

"You better not hurt him," George snarled, pushing in front of Sapnap.  His white sunglasses nearly fell off his head and he reached a hand up to steady them.

"I wouldn't dream of it.  He's not your boyfriend though so I don't see why it matters to you anyway."  He smirked, making George and Sapnap wince.  "Come on Nightmare, we have meetings to attend to."

Wilbur leaped out the window and Dream followed right on his tail.  As soon as they were back up on the rooftops, Dream dropped to his knees.  He tore his mask from his face and buried himself into his sleeves, losing whatever shard of self control he had been holding onto.  Wilbur sank to the ground with him, pulling him close.  Dream sobbed softly, his entire body shaking.  He couldn't believe George, or himself, or anything.  It had been for MONTHS!

There was a rustling of feathers and a thump.  Dream felt Wilbur pick his head up but he remained where he was.

"What happened," Phil asked incredulously.  Dream cried louder, wrapping his arms around his chest.  Everything in him was sinking, deeper and deeper.  It was caving on a rooftop of his old home.  Wilbur explained what happened and through the tears Dream saw Phil's face go darker than the night surrounding them.  He picked Dream up like a small child, cradling him to his chest.  Dream choked out a gasp but was too done to care.  He liked feeling cared for, but he missed George's hugs.  They smelled like tea and citrus.

"Techno and the younger ones already left, feel free to join them."

"I'm not leaving him."

Phil sighed, his wings rustling with agitation.

"I can't carry both of you."

"I could meet you at Eret's," Wilbur suggested hopefully.

Phil sighed, looking down at Dream's weak, defenseless form.  He was still bawling, sniffling and shaking.  The name Eret meant nothing to him, he only wanted to go home and lock himself away forever.  Phil nodded at Wilbur, who promptly took off with Dream's bag.  He spread his wings and launched himself into the sky.  The cold wind was like a slap to the face and Dream gently shifted to turn away from it, sniffling and hiccuping.