Chapter 27:Tattoos

Start from the beginning

"Be careful YN." Anna said.

"I'll be fin-" I was cut off again when I came face to face with a crank; it had dark red and blue veins all over its face, its teeth were yellow and rotten and its hair was missing chunks. I couldn't move, I was frozen in fear.

"KILL ME!" The crank shouted. "KILL ME!" It shouted again. I was about to move away when the crank reached its hand through the bars and grabbed my wrist. "KILL ME!" The crank shrieked.

Anna ran up to my side and grabbed my arm, trying to pull it away from the cranks grip. She then let go and ran to the back of the room, where I couldn't see her. She suddenly sprinted towards me and hit the crank in the face with a red fire extinguisher. The crank let go of my wrist and fell out of the window.

"Are you okay?" Anna asked.

"Yeah. Thanks." I replied.

We then heard yelling coming from outside of our door. The door was suddenly swung open with a loud bang and in ran the boys. Newt ran towards me and grabbed my shoulders, checking if I had any injuries.

"Are you alright?" Newt asked.

"I am now, this crank-" I looked to where the window was and noticed it was now a brick wall.

"What the?" Anna asked as she noticed the wall as well.

"Where were you? We woke up and you were all gone." I asked.

"I don't know, we woke up in a room and the two of you were gone. We then heard screaming so we came here." Newt replied.

I then heard a toilet flush from the bathroom at the other side of the room.

"Teresa?" Thomas asked, walking up to the door.

The door was swung open and at the other side stood a boy about our age, he looked up and froze.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Who are you? And how did you get here?" Minho asked.

"I'm Aris, I woke up on the floor in the bathroom. Where are all of the girls from my group?" Aris asked.

"I don't know man, there's no other rooms in this building. We checked." Minho replied.

"Who are you guys?" Aris asked.

"I'm Minho, Newt, YN, Anna, Thomas, Frypan and Winston." Minho replied pointing at each of us.

All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain at the back of my neck, I fell into Newt's arms and everyone looked at me.

"YN, what's wrong?" Newt asked his voice filled with worry.

"M-my neck." I replied still in pain. Newt moved my hair away from my neck and gasped.

"Newt, what is it?" Anna asked worried.

"YN, you have a tattoo." Newt said.

"What!?" I asked, the pain suddenly disappearing. "What does it say?" I asked.

"Property of WICKED. Group A. Subject A4. The Helper." Newt read out loud.

"Newt, you have one too." Minho said standing behind Newt.

"So do you." Anna told Minho. Everyone soon noticed that they all have tattoos at the back of their necks and started checking them.

"YN, what does mine say?" Newt asked. I moved around so I was standing behind him, I moved the collar of his shirt down and noticed bold black writing.

"Property of WICKED. Group A. Subject A5. The Glue." I read.

"What the hell does that mean?" Newt asked confused.

"You keep us all together. "I replied, I let go of his shirt and moved back around so I was facing him.

"Does it still hurt?" Newt asked.

"No, it's fine now, it just disappeared." I replied.

"Are you sure?" Newt asked, sceptical.

"Yes, I'm sure." I replied. "I had this dream today, I think it was a memory." I said.

"What was it about?" Newt asked worried.

"These people, WICKED came to take you away, to put you into the maze." I explained.

"Wait does that mean you're starting to remember?" Newt asked.

"It might. That's not everything, I think we were together before the maze." I said.

"How do you know?" Newt asked.

"When they were wiping our memories, you said 'Just remember that I love you, I always will.'" I replied.

"Guess I kept that promise." Newt laughed.

"Guys lets go look around." Minho called out to all of us.