11: 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝖿 𝗋𝖾𝗀𝗋𝖾𝗍.

Start from the beginning

Draco nodded in agreement as he listened in on the entire conversation. "Just say if you need a shoulder to cry on and we'll be more than happy to offer you one."

"Wow," Blaise snorted, nudging Draco with his elbow. "You actually have a heart for once. Who would've known that the great Draco Malfoy is actually a big softie?"

"Shut up, Blaise," said Draco, looking away.

"Now this is a memory that will go down in my history book, and it'll be titled 'the first time Draco Lucius Malfoy ever showed affection towards someone'. Ah, it'll be wonderful."

"And it'll be the last time as well."

Blaise shook his head before turning back to the girl beside him, "Would you like to have dinner now? It's already six."

She didn't have the time to respond as Blaise was already pulling her up from the couch and dragging her out of the Common Room and to the Great Hall with Draco, Daphne and Hermione following close behind them.

As they walked towards the Hall, everyone they went past all had their eyes on Y/n. Though the argument was only a few days ago, it was still fresh in people's minds, and Y/n hoped that they would forget about it soon.

Words couldn't explain how grateful she was for Daphne, Blaise, Hermione and Draco for sending glares towards those who even dared to look at her. They knew how uncomfortable she gets when all the attention was on her.

Suddenly, a booming voice echoed throughout the hallway outside the Great Hall.

"YOU ABSOLUTE GIT, HARRY JAMES POTTER!"

The five of them shared a glance between each other before rushing over where the voice came from. There, they saw a furious Cho Chang pointing her wand against Harry's throat.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO HER!? SHE LOVED YOU AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY HER? BY BREAKING HER HEART? BY BELIEVING SOMEONE WHO'S SPREADING LIES? BY DROPPING HER FOR SOMEONE YOU HAVE ONLY KNOWN FOR A FEW MONTHS?" Cho then lowered her voice. "You don't deserve her, Potter. I thought you were better than this, but no, it looks like you're just like everyone else — it's pathetic. How would you even know if Y/n was using you? The last time I checked Y/n had enough fame — probably even more fame than you. It doesn't make sense that she'll ever use you for something she already has."

At that moment, nearly everyone, including the Professors, had come out of the Great Hall to have a look at the commotion that was going on.

"You better think about your actions in the future, Potter," said Cho darkly, removing her wand from Harry's throat and shoving it back into her robe pockets. "Or next time I really won't hesitate on harming you. It was good that you survived against Voldemort, we'll just have to see if you can survive against me."

"Cho!" A voice called out.

Cedric Diggory had emerged from the crowd around them, frantically running towards his girlfriend and pulling her away from the shaking Gryffindor.

With one last glare at Harry, Cho and Cedric had moved towards where Y/n and the rest stood.

Once they got there, Cho immediately engulfed Y/n into a hug. "I promise I won't let him hurt you again," she mumbled. "You deserve the entire world, darling. He doesn't deserve you."

All of a sudden, they felt another pair of arms wrapped around the two of them. "Cho's right," said Cedric. "And if you ever need anyone to rant to, I'll be right here."

"Thank you, guys," Y/n replied, burying her face deeper into the crook of Cho's neck.

She loved the two of them. They were like her second parents.