08: 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝗀𝗂𝗇𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗈𝗌.

Start from the beginning

He held out his hand, hoping that she would take it. "Are you going to help me up then?" He asked.

Y/n thought for a moment before turning around and continuing their journey to the Dungeons. "No," she answered, leaving Harry dumbfounded.

Cursing the girl who walked away from him, he sulkily stood up from the floor before jogging to catch up with Y/n.

"Hey!" He yelled as Y/n was already about to turn the corner at the end of the corridor. "Wait for me!"

⚡︎⚯⚡︎

"Harry! Y/n!" said Slughorn as soon as he took notice of the two students at the door. "What took you so long?"

"Sorry we're late, Professor," Y/n apologised. "We just got caught up in — uh — something."

From the front of the Potions classroom, she could hear Daphne snickering whilst muttering to Blaise, who sat beside her.

Slughorn waved the two off, a warm smile on his face. "No worries you two," he said. "We were just getting started on the lesson. Now, why don't you two take your seats?"

Both Harry and Y/n nodded before scurrying off to their assigned seats, which was the very same one they had last year.

Whilst she took out her workbook, ink pot and quill, the sudden hiss of her name brought her attention to the girl who sat behind her and Harry; Hermione.

"Y/n," whispered Hermione, tapping her quill on the table. "Why are you so late?"

Y/n turned around to check if Slughorn was facing them before turning back to Hermione. "It's nothing," she said. "Harry just needed to take care of something."

"Yeah," she heard Ron from beside Hermione. "Definitely needed to sort out his boner and decided to quickly shag in the nearest abandoned cla — ow!"

Hermione had whacked him with her book.

"Godric's sake, woman," said Ron, rubbing his shoulder. "Did you see her try to murder me? Bloody hell — one of these days she's actually going to end up murdering me."

The bushy-haired girl rolled her eyes at her boyfriend. "If you annoy me a lot then maybe I might just end up doing it."

One thing led to another and the next thing Y/n knew, the couple had once again sparked up another bickering contest between them.

Sighing, she had decided to face the front again, peeking a small glance at Harry (who looked as though he wanted to rip his hair out).

"For this year's project," announced Slughorn, bringing everyone's attention back to him, "We will be brewing antidotes to the potions we had made last year. So I suggest everyone get into the pairs I have assigned you."

Whilst everyone moved around to find their partners, Harry and Y/n stayed where they were — considering that they were already in the correct pair as well as the correct seat.

"Professor?" said a familiar voice. Y/n looked up from her workbook and at Chester, who had his arm raised to show that he had a question.

"Yes, Mr . . ." The Potions professor trailed off, waiting for Chester to tell him his name.

"Ainsworth, sir. Chester Ainsworth," he said, grinning up at him. "I'm new to the school, you see. I came from Ilvermorny."

Slughorn soon came to a realisation. "Ah, yes. Professor McGonagall was just speaking about you this morning — she said that Y/n would accompany you to some of your classes for the first week?"