xix. | super secret boyband

Începe de la început

Salene turned her head to the girl in front of her, a smile growing as Michelle pressed her lips in a thin line, nodding slightly as Salene and the rest of the team applauded her, Michelle looked to the blonde in front of her and gave a twitch of a smile.

"Thank you," Michelle spoke, she hesitated a bit, "Uh, my friends call me MJ."

"I thought you didn't have any friends," Ned smirked, Salene furrowed her brows at his words, how could he say that. She only realized a second later that it was an inside thing the two had with how Mj's expression changed at his words.

"I didn't," Mj spoke.

As if it was timed, both Salene and Peter's phones buzzed at the same time.

UNKNOWN NUMBER
go to the bathroom, or,
the hallway at least.

Salene furrowed her brows as she looked from her phone to Peters, frowning at the cracks and the same message. She quietly closed her notebook and binder up, looking up to MJ.

Mj was staring the two of them down, Peter was getting ready to leave as well.

"We uh, gotta go," Peter spoke quietly as he set his phone down and grabbed his bag.

"Hey, where you going?" Mj asked, her brows pushed together in a quizzical seriousness that sent Salenes heart up, "what are you hiding, guys?"

Salene opened her mouth to say something but she could come up with a plausible lie for her and Peter. She threw her phone up to her ear.

"Mamá, léo elliniká prágmata gia na vlépo charoúmenous stous diadrómous," She spoke as she slung her bag on and sped out of the room. She felt bad for leaving Peter but she panicked and didn't know what to do.

A few seconds later Peter caught up to her, his hand brushing hers as he slowed down his pace next to her. She down at their hands and swallowed her fear as she shoved her fists in the pockets of her jacket.

"Who do you think sent that?" Peter asked and Salene frowned.

"It was Happy," She spoke, "he's the only one I know who uses commas in texts."

"Wait, he responds to your texts?" Peter asked and Salene shrugged.

"Yeah, he is our point guy, remember? Have you not been texting him?" Salene responded, confused at Peter's dumbfounded look as they stood outside the bathrooms on the first floor.

It was an awkward few minutes and Salene looked around to see if she could find the guy but no luck was found with it. Peter pointed to the bathroom and Salene raised her brow. There was no way so was going to go in there knowing the things her brothers told her about the boy's bathrooms and locker rooms.

Peter went inside and a couple of minutes later, Happy and Peter came out.

"Hey Happy," Salene smiled softly, looking around at the empty hallway. She furrowed her brows at his presence at the school, "what are you doing here?"

Peter walked over to stand next to Salene, his body heat reflected onto hers as they faced the man in his suit and tie.

"I owe you guys one," Happy answered, his hands were deep in the pockets of his pants, he seemed genuinely sincere, "I don't know what I would do without this job-."