So how was I almost completely healed?

''How long have I been sleeping?'' I asked, my eyes wide. It must have been weeks, maybe even months for me to be in the state I was now.

''Oh, not long. Only twenty-four hours from the time Aiden brought you to me.'' Marie pulled my hands away from the wound, ''Stop touching it, you're lucky it's not too bad a bite.''

I only stared at her, my mind slowly absorbing the words.

Twenty-four hours!? That's hardly any time at all for the damage that had been done to have healed. So, either I had completely exaggerated the amount of damage that I thought had been done, or something else had happened during the day. Maybe a special medicine, I know that the vampires are much more advanced in technology than humans so it was possible.

''Are you sure it's only been a day?'' I whispered sceptically, carefully watching Marie's facial expression to assess whether she was telling the truth or not.

''I'm certain. Now relax, you need to get some rest.'' I didn't notice any sign of her lying and decided to follow her instructions and relax back onto the bed. Though I didn't completely let my guard down. At the end of the day, this woman - however nice she had been to me in the past - was working for the High Royals, and she would do anything they told her to.

Marie pulled the covers over me which instantly warmed my cold skin. I noticed that I was wearing a short nightgown and Marie must have noticed my puzzled expression, ''I changed you to make you more comfy; Aiden delivered you to me in quite a state. All covered in blood, I thought you were dead. Turns out some of the blood was Josh's apparently. You're lucky that Aiden pulled him off of you in time.''

More questions flooded my mind at the mention of Josh's blood. I couldn't remember Aiden going so far as to hurt Josh enough to draw blood, I thought he started to strangle him but had stopped. Besides, Josh was on the other side of the room from me and from what I could tell; all of the blood was mine.

It just didn't add up.

I remained silent, deciding it was best not to mention any of my thoughts to Marie as she seemed like she really believed what she was telling me. I couldn't question her, it would seem like I was questioning what Aiden told her and then she may be offended.

I rested my head back on the mountain of soft pillows and tried to sort through the events of the night before, but to no avail. Marie moved around the room, sorting through her medicines and occasionally checking on me to bring me water and offer me food which I declined. I was still feeling slightly nauseous, but I didn't know if it was from the loss of blood or the uncertainty of the situation.

I guessed that hours had passed before there was a firm knock on the door and Aiden entered. He had changed from his formal attire of last night to a loose sweatshirt and jeans that looked particularly good on him. I scolded myself for checking him out yet again and instead averted my eyes to look at Marie, hoping he hadn't noticed.

''Ah, Prince Aiden.'' Her face lt up in a smile, ''She's awake.''

I could feel Aiden's eyes staring at me and gave in to the temptation to meet his gaze. His expression was solemn, his eyes harsh and I felt my nerves bubbling up to the surface.

''How is she?'' He asked, his eyes tearing away from mine to look at Marie questioningly.

''I'm fine.'' I answered, my voice raspy from not speaking for so long.

''Is she going to be alright for the trip?'' Aiden again directed his question to Marie and I suddenly remembered that we were supposed to be leaving for the rebel camp as soon as possible. I must have been delaying them.