Thirty-four. Taken forever by you (flashback)

Middle of 1943, after Steves transformation, before i captured by hydra

I know it should be the happiest day in my life, but somehow I'm not that happy. There is no real smile on my lips. It's like there is a missing puzzle piece.

"Come on queene, we don't have all day" Steve says, also entering the room. He stops mid step to look at me.

(A little inspiration from Lady Greer from Reign, i know)

"Wow you look amazing"

"Thanks Steve, you're quite handsome yourself" i begin, turning around in my big dress.

"Everything okay?" he asks, as I'm not smiling my face off.

"I just thought he'd make it" i say, shaking my head. Not wanting to talk about it.

"I can't believe you're getting married today," Steve says with a small laugh on his lips. "You ready?"

"Yes, I just need my flowers," i say, turning back inside the door. There on the table lies my white flowers. "Now i'm ready"

The "here comes the bride" starts to play as we start to walk down the aisle. With the super soldier at my side. When i meet his green eyes, Daniels forest green eyes i melt and i put on that smile that everyone expects me to have. He looks so handsome in that suit. As captured i am by him he seems to be by me. As i get to the altar Steve gives me over to Daniel. I give the flowers to Hanna who stood on the side of the altar. She and Peggy give me a soft smile.

"Dear beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the union between this young man, Daniel Thomas Bennet and this young woman, Y/N Biana Margret Barnes" he begins and continues but i stopped listening, realizing this is the happiest day of my life. At least the first. I get to spend the rest of your life with my true love. After a while everything goes quiet and everyone is looking at me.

"What?" I ask and the church is filled with some soft laughter. I had been so deep in my thoughts that i didn't realize it was my turn. Daniel smiles and he understands how deep in thoughts i were, making the priest repeat himself.

"Miss, the vows"

"Right" i say with a soft laugh. "I Y/N, take thee Daniel, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. To love and cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto i pledge thee my faith"

"And now by the power vested in me by god, it is my honor and delight to declare you husband and wife. Go forth and live each day to the fullest. You may seal this declaration with a kiss" and Daniel brings me in his arms, pressing his lips against mine, and everything is right with the world. I have my brother, my best friends Steve, Peggy and Hanna, and now i have my husband.

"I now present to you Mr. and Mrs Bennet" we both turn to the crowd who starts to cheer.

"I love you Daniel" i whisper to his chest, quiet enough so that no one else will hear but him.

"I love you too Mrs. Y/N Diana Bennett" he kisses me again before we start to walk down the aisle. I smile at my new name. I get in the car that says Newlyweds on the back. A tear falls down my cheek, but not by the reason it should. He's a soldier, they have more important things to do.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asks to my tears as the car starts to roll out of the little village to the lake where the party was being held.

"Yeah, i just wished James would have been there, hes all the family i've got" he takes my hand in his, making me look at him.

"Well now you have me, and soon you'll have more than you could ever wish for" i laugh at his words, kissing him again. Watching the lake light up by the lights of our party. Everyone had taken a faster route and was already there. So we're are greeted again by applause and even more cheering. There are more people here than in the church.

"I'm so happy your a part of our family now Y/N" Daniles father Arthur says, holding my hand.

"Me too" and Daniel's mother Dorathy drag me into a welcoming hug, with me giving back with the same energi.

"Mind giving me the honor of giving me the first dance Y/N?" Arthur says, gesturing with his hand.

"Of course" i say, grabbing his hand. He takes me out to the dance floor as the music starts to play. It's so magical.

"What is it my child?" he asks, and i notice i had started to cry.

"I just wish my parents were here" i say, and thats that. More quiet dancing until Steve interrupts.

"Mind dancing with me now?" I nod and Arthur gives me over to him.

"I never thought we would see you like this?" he says, starting to dance me around the floor.

"Married?"

"Happy?" and he means it. Ever since my parents died i have become less happy, having to take care of my siblings and everything. Since I'm the oldest.

"I guess there's only one thing left now" he says but before he can continue he is interrupted by someone on the stage.

"And now its time for the father daughter dance'' he says and everyone looks at me. No one is there to dance with me, he can't dance with me from the grave. The man steps off the stage, he mustn't know that i cant do that. But it's too late, the dance floor has been cleared and a tear is on it's way down my cheek as the music starts to play.

"I guess that's my entrance" a familiar voice says from behind me. I turn around, jumping into my brother's arms.

"You made it" i say, burying my face in his neck. He takes me out of his embrace, taking my hands to go with the music.

"How can i miss my big sister's wedding"

"Best twelve minuets of my life" i say jokingly, he gives me that soft smile. He embraces me again but keeps moving to the music.

"I love you James, your all i've got left"

"I love you to Y/N, your all i've got too"