𝟎𝟎𝟓 ━━ can't take your call right now

Comincia dall'inizio

"Maybe that's none of your business."Ricky shot back quickly, perhaps too quickly as he sat up straight.

"I'm making it my business."

"Just, don't."

"Okay...sorry." EJ put his hands up in defense, falling onto Ricky's bed with a drawn-out sigh, "I guess we just won't talk about it."

So they ended up not talking about anything at all, Ricky switched into the TV and after a few moments flicking through random channels, they decided on Netflixsome random movie about birds in a box.

They weren't even really watching, more invested in their phones as they tapped away. Ricky was texting Nini, attacking her for getting him into this situation in the first place. EJ was, of course, scrolling through Instagram.

"Hey," Ricky spoke up, "you should have my phone number..."

"And why would I want that?"

"We're being friends now, aren't we? And friends have each other's phone numbers," Ricky sighed, taking EJ's phone out his hands, he tugged hard to get it out of his fingers. "Don't worry, I wouldn't look for your dick pics or anything."

"You don't know I do that," The younger boy gave him a look that made him break out into laughter, "Okay, I do but I have nothing to be ashamed of. You probably do though, Jesus, I pity the poor motherfucker that has to go through you and Nini's vanilla sexts..."

"You said you wouldn't bring that up," Ricky rolled his eyes at him.

"You're not gonna yourself as something stupid like Dicky, are you?" EJ looked up at him, he tapped his digits into his phone.

"Of course not. I'm going with a simple Richard." Ricky smiled, he held the phone up, "See?"

"Well, that's boring." The other boy clicked off Ricky's phone for him, he gave him a toothy, polished smile, "Wait until you see what my name is."

"Call me later tonight then."

𝐍𝐎𝐖.

"Dad!" Ricky called as he entered the house, "I'm back from rehearsals!" That was the excuse he used to stay out late at EJ's, his dad was pretty chill about all their musical stuff so he found it easy to come up with something that Miss Jenn had them do.

He was surprised to find Mike Bowen dressed up, in a polished suit and tie, already facing the doorway appearing to be waiting for him. Ricky felt a pang of guilt, it felt like he already knew.

Ricky left EJ's house straight after, with nothing said and nothing more than what he'd given him. EJ told him that it would be easier if he left that way every time, to have no attachments.

And, Ricky was happy with that. He was the one who suggested that they do this whole thing anyway, so of course, he was...

"Hey Rick," He greeted him, his smile was shaky, he was more nervous than him. "I've got to run out so I thought it'd be a good idea for you to go to Todd's house a little early."

It was a Friday and the last after-sex activity he had in mind was going to visit Odd and Annoying Todd's house. Usually, he went on a Saturday and stay until late Sunday, when his Dad would pick him up but having to bear him for two days was bad enough.

"Can't I stay alone?" The answer was a firm no.

Still, his dad looked in a rush. The circles under his eyes were darker, he drew out a long sigh as he waited for an answer. Ricky thought it was best not to argue anymore, his father already looked like he had enough.