Chapter 25: The way out

Start from the beginning

"You're right. Lets go." He said.

We all came out from behind the wall and started running towards the grievers, we met with them in the middle and started fighting.

Teresa, Thomas and Chuck all ran towards the cliff to type the code in whilst we all stayed and fought the beasts.

"YN go to the cliff!" Newt yelled.

I obligated his instructions and ran towards the black hole that we called the cliff. I got to the edge and took a deep breath. I shut my eyes and stepped forward, falling into the darkness.

I landed on a metal crate, once I looked up I saw Thomas, Teresa and chuck standing next to a computer.

"What's taking so long?" I asked.

"We put the words in but there's only five spaces." Teresa explained.

"What's the last word?" I asked.

"Push." Thomas replied.

I got onto my feet and rushed towards the three, I looked at the computer and noticed a red button that had the word 'PUSH' written on it in white.

Any normal person would know that you should never press a red button, well not me. I pressed the button.

When I did the computer disappeared and a door opened. I could also hear that all of the noises from outside stopped.

I was about to ask Thomas what was going on but before I could there was a loud thump on the ground.

Minho.

"Minho are you okay?" I asked helping him get up.

"Yeah. The grievers just stopped moving." He replied.

Then I heard another thump and saw Frypan.

A while later about 20 boys were standing with us. But still no Newt.

I was starting to panic. What if something happened to him? What if a grieve-

A loud thump took my attention away from my thoughts. I looked towards the noise and noticed a familiar head of blonde hair.

"Newt!" I shouted and ran up to him. He looked up and once he saw me he quickly got to his feet. I ran into him, almost knocking him over and hugged him tightly. "I thought something happened to you." I said with tears in my eyes.

He started stroking my hair, "It's alright, I'm here. " He said.

"I hate to ruin the moment but we have to go." Minho chimed in.

Newt and I both pulled away and noticed everyone looking at us.

"I think we made a scene." Newt whispered to me making me laugh.

We walked through the door into a sort of hallway, bright white lights lit up the path as we walked past.

After walking for a while we came across a hole in the wall with a plastic slide attached to it leading into a tunnel of darkness.

"Who volunteers to go first?" Minho asked.

"I will." Thomas said. He walked up to the slide and sat down on it. He pushed himself down the hole and quickly disappeared, we heard his screams echo through the tunnel.

"Thomas?!" Minho shouted into the hole.

"I'm fine! Get down here!" Thomas yelled back.

"I'll go." I said and sat down on the slide. I took a deep intake of air and pushed myself down. It felt like I was sitting on butter, there were turns a couple of times and it smelt of burnt flesh. I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, as quickly as I got in I also fell out. I fell on my arse onto the hard tiled floor. "Ow." I muttered.