𝐯𝐢𝐢. a wave of rage

Start from the beginning

Sirius Black strode up behind him next, taking James' place as the seeker went to find his seat, "Top of the morning to ya," he tipped his head and followed James in.

Selene hadn't any time to reply, still stuck frozen in the doorway, when Peter Pettigrew appeared in front of her. It was like a chain of Marauders. "Hello," he muttered sweetly, before strolling of behind Sirius to find his own seat.

And just when Selene believed she had caught her breath, the last Marauder walked up to the door, and stood, waiting beside her. Remus Lupin stretched out an arm and gestured for her to lead. "Ladies first," he said. He had his bag strung over his chest and resting on his shoulder. His hair, still floppy and cute. His eyes, chocolate, and warm, and yet droopy and sunken, as though he had gotten as little sleep as Selene had the previous night. And his scars, as defined as always and as mysterious as ever.

Selene smiled back, "Why thank you," she uttered gratefully, as she stepped inside the rowdy classroom, and the pair casually ambled to their seats at the front of the class — Selene's on the front row, and Remus' conveniently just a seat behind, and a row to the right.

"You had any trouble from McGonagall?" he asked, as the pair slid into their seats, their heavy books clunking onto the wood of their desks loudly.

Selene swiveled her legs so they hung over the side of her chair, and she twisted to talk to him. "No why, have you?"

Remus winced. "Yup," he said a lot less offended than Selene would have imagined since she just told him she hadn't received any kind of punishment when he had. "She pulled me aside when she walked the boys and Lily back from detention," he weakly motioned to the three Marauders sat behind and next to him, currently folding pieces of parchment into airplanes. Lily was sat silently at her desk, her face contorted with mute sadness. No doubt she was still recovering from getting detention the day before.

Selene cocked her head, "But she hasn't pulled me aside?" she questioned.

Remus shrugged, like the obvious unfairness — unless McGonagall just didn't have the chance to dish some further punishment for Selene earlier that day — was no problem at all to him. "You got lucky then."

"But that's not right," Selene argued. Remus was a good student, incredibly gifted at Transfiguration as Selene had learned before their study session got cut short by James Potter and Sirius Black's dungbomb, and a member of McGonagall's own house. Why him and not her? "You're the Gryffindor, Remus," she pointed out.

Remus chuckled a little, "Yeah, and you're the perfect student, Selene," he countered.

Selene didn't get the chance to reply — although she doesn't quite know what she would have said — before Professor Otterburn walked in from the front entrance, his green cloak fluttering at his feet and his face stern with tiredness. Otterburn was never Selene's favourite teacher. He always seemed to have something against her. Was she too much of a know-it-all? Surely most professors would admire a hardworking student?

Remus wasn't much of an Otterburn fan either. He had strong opinions and a boring voice. And those two don't necessarily go well together.

Selene twisted back round to the front, as Professor Otterburn tightened his cloak around his torso, and pulled a projector screen down from the ceiling. He trailed to the back of the class and flicked on the black box, that shot a ray of white light onto the board of fabric.

Selene blinked and then blinked again, to make sure her eyes weren't deceiving her. To make sure her mind wasn't playing tricks, and after a moment the bright screen would settle down and her eyes would adjust to what actually was now being shone onto the projector before her.