𝟎𝟎𝟒 ━━ lesson one: the proper way

Start from the beginning

On his other side, LumiereSebastian sat next to him and beside him, Carlos. Sebastian was busy telling him about his latest misadventure with a cow, not something Ricky found much interest in.

Ricky was ready to sit through the whole read through bored as hell, sitting silently in his seat while listening to Miss Jenn's stylised renditions of more Disney songs...

"Hi," Marcus flashed him a smile, "I'm Marcus," held out a hand in front of him.

Ricky tried to hide his surprise, he accepted the firm 'bro shake' his hand was pulled into. "I'm Ricky."

"I know," He chuckled softly, "you're EJ's friend, right?"

"Yep, that's me," Ricky nodded, "I'm sure you've heard a lot of terrible things about me..."

"To be honest, I don't think I've heard enough." Ricky didn't know what that meant, but he knew it sounded weird.

EJ's jaw clenched, Ricky wasn't the only one who thought it sounded suggestive. Now he wished he was sat next to Ricky. On any other day, Marcus was a decent friend, he was someone he could count on but today he was being a pain in the ass. Why was he pretending he cared about Ricky all of a sudden? Like he wanted to get to know him?

Luckily, Miss Jenn hands clapped together and she raised her voice before Ricky could ask what Marcus meant. "Ok! I know a lot of faces I've seen here before but let's not forget we have a couple of new ones..."

     Rehearsal turned out better than he thought because this time Miss Jenn let them sing some of the songs

     Rehearsal turned out better than he thought because this time Miss Jenn let them sing some of the songs. They mostly got through the first act, which only included the song with Belle, so Gina had a good time belting all her solos.

Ricky was shaken when Marcus approached him with a friendly smile on his face. "Isn't it a shame we didn't get to sing our song?"

"Honestly, I don't mind. Any day I'm in here and not wearing tights is a good one for me." He laughed loudly at Ricky's joke, despite the fact it wasn't that funny, at all.

Marcus placed an arm on Ricky's shoulder, he felt his posture stiffen slightly at the over-friendly gesture so he smiled again. Ricky struggled to find what he did all of a sudden to make Marcus want to be around him so much.

He was even more clueless as EJ looked over at them mid-conversation, nose flared in anger. His eyes fixed a cold stare into Marcus, he looked like he wanted to wring his neck.

It only took a few minutes of seeing Marcus try to touch Ricky's hair, insistently putting an arm across his shoulder and laughing at more of his jokes too loudly...Ricky wasn't that funny.

"Dude," He pulled Ricky away from him by the shoulder, knocking Marcus' handoff, ignoring the play-act looks of confusion he sent him. "Come on, let's go."