She was not really like this.

Dahyun is usually the type of person to not care.

And if she does care.

Does she act like this because she wants to?

Or was she forced to act like that?

"Hey, here's your coffee," She spoke, disrupting my many thoughts.

"T-Thank you. I'm sorry, I'll pay next time," I said as she sat down on her seat.

"How are you sure that there is a next time?" She asked again, taking a sip of coffee from her cup.

"Well, you paid for this. So technically, this is a date now," I answered and looked at her who looks like she choked on her coffee.

"This isn't. You just forgot your money. So you have to pay me back," She responded, still coughing as if she was sick.

"I had too many problems today, Dahyun. And you told me that we should forget about them today. Calling this a date would somehow make me feel better," I teased again.

She sighed.

"You can just pay me when you get your money."

"Do you not want me to be with you?" I asked her.

"It's not like that. I mean, we will be busy, and I don't want to be an addition to your problems," She answered.

"In simpler terms, you care about me, don't you?" I teased.

"I'm not supposed to care for a woman I don't know," She coldly responded.

Right.

I don't really know her.

"Then, let's get to know each other," I unexpectedly said.

She raised her eyebrows at me, her eyes were widely opened.

"So, Dahyun Kim, what do you do for a living?" I asked.

"Are you kidding me right now?" She asked, while my eyebrows furrowed, almost colliding.

"I'm not! We should at least know something. Someone may ask about you through me, and same goes to you," I answered seriously. Well, not really serious. Just acting like I was.

"Asking me about my fake girlfriend is somehow disrespectful. I'm certain that they won't do that," She spoke the truth.

She's really smart. 

"I'm Minatozaki Sana. Well, you know that we study at the same university. I love going to parties and meeting people," I said, simply introducing myself.

"It's not that hard to introduce yourself," I added.

I heard her sigh before saying in a plain, cold voice, "You already know me. Kim Dahyun, I don't like introductions nor meeting new people."

I started a conversation with her. Fortunately, she responded to my simple questions about her.

"Others say that you used to have friends, why do you cut them out your life? Do you hate them?" I suddenly asked, realizing that it was a somehow sensitive and personal question.

"I used to be a selfish person, Minatozaki. Or maybe I still am. You see,  cutting people off your life means that you're letting go of that person, and the memories that caused you to be someone, it's not because I hate them. Hatred towards someone is something that builds in you through time," She explained.

"That was long," I said.

"So why did you cut them. off?" I asked again.

"It's because I wanted to change," She whispered to herself. Yet, it was silent enough for me to hear.