"Thank you Eret-" You began, but said man cut you off with another small crown he had pulled from who knows where.

"Every queen needs his king, my friend." Avoiding his horns, Eret hesitated on placing the crown while eyeing the copper caps placed along Ranboo's horns. You could see a frown form on his face, displeased when he saw the branding of pirates. "I see you've have some scuffles in the Overworld with some pirates."

Despite the discomfort Eret showed, he shrugged his shoulders and placed the crown atop of Ranboo's head, the red and green gems shimmering along with the hybrids eyes. Proud with his work, a whistle sounded from the mans lips as he took a step back, staring at both of you with new and shiny head pieces that glimmered with the light of the starry sky.

"Are you really sure we can keep these?" Ranboo's fingertips gently pressed against the metal, feeling how cool the metal was against his skin. Eret only let out a laugh, his hand reaching out and ruffling a bit of Ranboo's hair.

"Just keep them and enjoy your stay, it's not everyday I get to see a young couple out and about in the End." His comment made the both of you stutter, however you didn't have a chance to retort before he spun you around and pressed a hand to your shoulder, urging you to walk away. "Now go have some fun! Why not climb one of the obsidian pillars?"

Even as you walked away, you could still hear his deep voice through the air, causing you to glance back and watch as he lowered his sun glasses and give you a wink with his pure white eyes.

How strange.

»»——⍟——««

You had taken Eret's advice and wandered close to a lit up obsidian pillar, a ladder stretching all the way to the top with a promise of something of worth at the end. Ranboo kept commenting on how well the crown looked atop your head, saying that 'the gems go well with your eyes.'

Your arms had had felt like jelly by the time you made it atop the obsidian tower, your back pressed to the floor as deep breaths escaped your mouth. You had been thankful for the chill of the End to cool you off after such a stretch, the little tickles of wind caressing your skin with its gentle touch.

So when you finally decided to rise from the floor, your eyes widened at the sight. Sitting dead centre of the floor, was a Crystal hovering above a platform, the gem spinning around as it bobbed up and down. Inside the Crystal had been a rather bright pink colour with strange markings depicting something you couldn't quite place, but the shimmer and glow of the crystal sent shivers down your spine. But that wasn't all, down below, had you looked across the floating island called the End, you could make out distant cities in the islands apart from the main island, homes of twists and turns glowing in the distance, separated by a large void of space.

But the thing that caught your eye the most, was the red and green eye staring at you, rather than anything else that held beauty.

"Ranboo?" Your voice was quiet, but he heard, he always listened to you. He answered with a tilt of his head, his little ears twitching at the sound of your soothing voice.

"You're really pretty, you know?" He mumbled, not quite focused on what he was saying. His eyes were seemingly in a trance, sparkling with an emotion you couldn't quite pin down. "Not just on the outside, but on the inside too."

You were curious, what was causing this sudden confession from him?

"Ranboo, what are you saying?"