He pulled me on top of him and he held me by my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers in his hair. He let out a small groan.
I smiled against his lips and he smiled back. I got off his lap.
"You just got out of the hospital Max, you need to be careful" I said
He smiled "I can't be careful when it involves you" He said, winking "You drive me crazy!"
I laughed. He just smiled and looked at me.
"You didn't answer my question properly though, do you wanna be my girlfriend, Ness?"
I smiled widely "Yes! I wanna be your girlfriend"
He kissed my cheek softly.
"By the way, I almost forgot, Mel went out with Jordan. She'll be back later" I said
He nodded "And Matt?"
"Probably went out too" I said "How is your leg doing?"
"It's alright I guess but it hurts a little" He said "And I feel useless sitting here and not being able to go to work and handle things myself" He complained.
I laughed. He's so cute.
"What are you laughing about?" He asked
"Nothing" I said
"That is what I thought" Max said
We stayed together in that position.
"Babe?" Max asked
"Yeah?"
"Can you do something for me?" He asked
"Yes, anything for you" I said
"Can you please take me to work? I'm just a little worried about some transactions I needed to do before my accident and I have an important meeting" He said.
I looked up at him and nodded "Alright, change I'll be downstairs" I said
He smiled at me "Thank you so much, baby" He said kissing my lips lightly.

He got changed, we got into my Black Toyota. We headed to Callaghan Enterprises. I parked into Max's usual spot and helped him out of the car.
"You want me to stay?" I asked
"If you want to, I don't want to hold you up on anything you gotta do" He said cutely.
I smiled "Don't worry, I'll stay to help you with anything" I said "Besides, I'm doing accountancy and commerce so I can help you"
He laughed "Sure" He said "Let's go"
We walked in and I looked around, I haven't been here for a while now, I remember when me and Mel were little, we used to come here with Max and we played through his things.
"Haven't been here for a while huh?" Max asked when he saw me looking around. I laughed and shook my head.
"Nope" I said
We walked past the receptionist.
"Hello Mr. Callaghan" She greeted "Great to have you back, hope you feeling better"
Max smiled "Thanks Clarisa, yeah I'm feeling better. Thank you"
We walked to the elevators and Max pressed 10. We went up.
When the elevator stopped at 10th floor, we got out and met up with Genesis.
"Max, it's a pleasure to have to here again" She said smiling at him "Thanks Gen" Max said smiling back.
"Ness!! How are you girl" She said greeting me happily, with a hug.
"Gen! Good you?" I said "Long time no seen"
"Yeah, you've grown up so much! So beautiful.. I always ask Max about you. How are your brothers doing?" She asked
"They are doing fine" I answered "Vince growing up and Cam yeah rolling" I said laughing
"Gen excuse us but we have work to do, and you too" Max said smirking.
Genesis laughed "Yeah yeah, I'm going"
She walked off and me and Max went into his office.
Max put his crutches next to his seat and sat down into his office chair. I sat in front of him in one of the chairs.
He grabbed his phone and called Gen.

~Max POV~

I called Gen and asked her if she could call Jer and tell him to come over here.
Jer works here too but in another department.
5 minutes later, my door opened. Yeah Jer.
That guy doesn't know how to knock.
"Wassup man! You should be at home" He said. He looked around and saw Ness. "Oh hey Ness" He greeted her
"Hey Jerry" Ness replied with a smile.
"Yeah I know but I wanted to come for the meeting and the transaction"
Jer's face turned strangely "Speaking about the transactions Max" He began.
"Yeah, what about them?" I asked unsure.
"I tried to do them and they failed, so I called the bank and they told me we don't have money on our bank account, the one we use for the projects"
"What? What do you mean we don't have money on our bank account?" I asked almost yelling. "We had over the million dollars on that freaking account to pay for the projects"
"Yeah man" Jer said "The bank said someone was taking out money for months now"
"Who the fuck is that?" I asked
"We don't know Max, I asked the bank to trace them down and as soon as they have something, they'll call me" Jer said "Calm down Max please"
I put my head into my hands on my table. This can't be true. We lost over million dollars in a few months. How the fuck could that happen, without me noticing.
"Jer, this isn't possible" I said "We have so many projects to pay!" I said lifting my head back up. Ness was looking at me shocked but she stayed quiet.
"I know man, I know"
I turned on my computer to go check on the other bank accounts.
"They didn't touch the rest, thank God!" I said
"I've thought about sending that money to Royal Bank to keep those save and yeah solve this stolen money problem" Jer suggested.
I nodded "Yeah" I said "I'll call Mason"
Mason was my counter for years now.
I called him and told him the situation, he will be here in 10 minutes.

10 minutes later, Mason came.
"Hey guys" He said greeting us "Hello miss"
"This is Renesmee, Nessie, my counter Mason"
They shook hands and Mason sat down so we could talk about this mess.
"Mason, how the hell they could've manage to steal money if you check the accounts every month" I asked
"That's what I've been thinking on my way here" He said looking serious "And the only answer is, it's someone here. Someone who knows when I check the accounts, what accounts to steal from because that's the one who had the most money on" Mason stated. "And they stole the money in the weeks I don't check the bank accounts so the person must know our movements" He was probably right.
Jer looked at me and nodded "Who could've done something like this" I asked out loud.
"We have to find out Max" Jer said "We have to begin with the entire staff close to Callaghan Enterprises' money"
I nodded in agreement.
"Well, I'll start with talking with the people" Jer said
"And I'll go to the bank to see what we can do about that money" Mason said. "And I'll transfer the other bank accounts to the Royale bank"
"Yes please" I said "We seriously need that money"
"But at least we can pay the projects with the money on the other accounts" Jer said "But we can't lose that money"
"Yes at least" I said
They stood up.
"Thank you guys" I said
"No problem buddy" They replied and walked out of my office, I put my head into my hands and sighed deeply.
I felt soft warms hand into my hair and caressing my face.
I totally forgot she was here.
"It's going to be alright babe" She whispered.
I really love it when she calls me baby or babe.
I looked up into her beautiful grey/blueish eyes. I smiled at her.
She smiled back showing her beautiful dimples.
"Don't worry too much, that isn't healthy and you just got out of the hospital" Ness said
"I know babe, I know.. But we really need to get that money back man! That shit can't get lost like that" I said frustrated "We're talking about million of dollars for projects and stuff"
My office phone rang and it was Genesis.
"Yes Genesis?" I said, picking up.
"Max, the Hilton's are here for the meeting" She said
"Shit! I totally forgot about that meeting man! But anyways send them to meeting room #2 and go with the drawings for the new hotel. Tell them I'll be there in a sec" I said
"Alright" She replied and hung up.
"I have a meeting right now with the Hilton's, you want to come?" I asked Ness.
"Yeah sure, looks interesting"
I smiled at her and I grabbed my crutches and we walked to meeting room #2.

I got in and gave them a hand. "Hello Max" Conrad Hilton jr. greeted me
"Hello Conrad" I said. We've made so many projects together that we are on the first name basis.
"This is my assistant for today Renesmee Anderson" I introduced Ness to him.
"Conrad Hilton jr." Conrad said to Ness as they shake hands.
"Renesmee Anderson"
"Anderson? From Anderson's jets?" Conrad asked
Ness nodded "My parents own it, not me" She answered. Conrad laughed.
We sat down. Conrad was with his lawyer and counter.
"So we are here to see the new project for the Hilton Hotel in Canada" Conrad said.
"Yeah" I said "Genesis can you bring me the drawings please"
"By the way, I heard about your accident Max, how are you doing?"
"Muah, the pain is there but yeah, you gotta do what you gotta do right?" I said smirking
Conrad smirked back "Right"
Genesis gave me the drawings and I spread them on the table. I started explaining him how the hotel would be.
"I love it!" Conrad said "Like everything you make for us. Thank you so much Max"
I smiled "My pleasure Conrad"
"I'll deposit $1000.000.000,- for the cash in advance on the bank account"
"Yeah thanks" I said
We stood up and shook hands again and they left. I plopped into my chair really tired.
"You did awesome" Ness said to me "It was amazing watching you work like that" She said blushing.
I laughed "Thank you baby" I said kissing her cheeks softly.
"I love you Max" She said
"I love you more Ness" I replied, I kissed her softly on her beautiful lips.

~PCSM. xx

A/N: Edited: February 12, 2017