"Thank you for playing and I'll be gald to see you on the same side of the net next time!" the couragous yell got to everyone's heart as more players around the court bowed their heads, thankful that they have such a strong ally now.

          "Well don't stay there now, move, everyone outside for laps!"

           Everyone stepped outside to run, but another player, definitely a first year with bowl cut hair approaches the one who blew his mind on the court and crushed his idol.

           "Goshiki Tsutomu! I'll be the next ace of our team and surpass you and Ushijima-senpai!" he introduced himself, loud and clear which somehow bought a light chuckle for Hoshikin.

           "I'll look forward to see that, little ace. Please surpass me so we can compete seriously next time!" he cheerfully says, ruffling his hair before he picked up the pace and run towards the eye candy he didn't get to speak to again.

          "Hello again~ You put up a good fight out there! Your serves and spikes are some of the best I have ever seen!" the legend who just crushed him complimented him.

           In return he got a nod and slowly increased their speed, keeping up with each other until no-one else could be seen around them. They got to a high point on the mountain when Hoshi signaled the captain to stop for a bit. He's never been to Japan before, so at least for a few minutes he wanted to enjoy the view here.

          "Why didn't you recieve the serves from the start?" for someone who barely talks, to hear him intiate a conversation was more than rare if not impossible.

          *because I was too busy eating you up with just my eyes* of course he couldn't say something like this right form the start, so the ace decided to just smile and shrug, but Ushijima wasn't the one to take that for an answer.

           "You easily received the one when you focused." *are we so week that you pitied us?* that thought was left unspoken but Hoshi leaned on a tree, indicating he's thinking about the reasons why he didn't give his all from the start.

            "Your form. I wanted to see it more before cutting the game short. It's been a few months since I've seen your official match so I wanted to see how you play with your normal high school  team." it's not a lie, he did want to see him play a bit more, but well, definitely for other main reasons.

            The dreamy and peaceful look on his face, topped with the jersey that nicely hugged his body, made Hoshi seem totally out of this planet. Ushijima couldn't explain why but he felt something different when he looked at his newest team-mate.

           "Your volleyball is beautiful." it isn't a compliment, it isn't a pick-up line, it is just a truthful statement.

          A shy blush rose on Hoshi's cheeks as he smiled in excitement. *what are you going to do to me, you sexy beast?*

            "Arigatou, senpai!" he closed his eyes before pushing up from the tree and quickly catching Ushijima's wrist and pulling him after.

            "Let's go back before the rest start practicing without us~" he gently laughs before letting go of the powerful wrist he held and running towards the Academy.

          At the gym things were going  well even in their absence. They tired teens started doing some passes and serves before the coach dismissed them, calling the newest student to stay behind for a while.

          "The national team coach called earlier. I'm sure you already got the notice but they want you to come play for Japan for the U-18 category." the old man informed him as he proudly patted his shoulder