The room was immediately filled with Beck's screaming. Her brain felt like it was melting with the force of the electricity. She couldn't see, couldn't hear. All she could focus on was the pain. White, blinding.

Becky wanted to die.

She screamed for the entirety of the "session." And when it ended, her brain was mush. Beck couldn't think about anything, using her brain hurt.

"So, how do you feel?" Zola asked curiously. Becky couldn't answer him. Instead, she went back to reciting her rank and serial number. Zola smiled sadistically and left without another word.

Beck continued to groan and recite her numbers.

***

"Who are you supposed to be?"

"Captain America!"

***

Beck was still in pain as she laid on the table. She shifted her body and groaned, returning to reciting her military rank and number.

Her eyes closed as she continued but then she heard something familiar.

"Becky!"

Beck opened her eyes, which took a moment to adjust. She still wasn't fully aware of what was happening, though she saw a vague figure next to her.

"Oh my god," the figure stated, pulling the straps out of the table. The shaking got Becky's attention and she looked to her right. The man seemed to be someone familiar.

"Is that..." Beck said weakly, looking at the man. She was so confused.

"It's me. It's Steve," Steve confirmed, holding onto her shoulders. Beck focused her eyes on the man and felt happiness flood through her.

"Steve?" Beck recognized the voice.

"Come on," Steve encouraged, pulling Becky off the table.

"Steve," Beck said to herself. Trying to prove he was real. When her feet hit the floor she wavered and wobbled but Rogers held onto her.

Steve put his hand on the crook of Beck's neck and took in her ghastly and sickly appearance. But she was there. She was really there. "I thought you were dead," Steve said sadly.

But Beck was confused. She was looking up and down Steve. She was looking up to Steve. That was unusual. "I thought you were smaller," Becky responded.

She was still getting her bearings when gunfire sounded from outside. Beck was a little dizzy but she was doing her best. Steve looked up at the observation window before more explosions sounded.

He took hold of Becky and dragged her down and away from the table. "Come on," Rogers said as he pulled Beck with him.

"What happened to you?" Becky asked finally, holding onto Steve's now muscular shoulders.

"I joined the army!" Steve exclaimed simply, offering no further explanation. Beck was still confused.

When they got out into the hallway Steve let go of Becky and let her try walking on her own. Her legs were unsteady but she pushed through it and followed Steve.