"Do you ever get along?" Liam bellows, storming down the hallway. "Zayn and I can't even try to fall asleep because of you two arguing! I mean seriously, do you ever get along?"

"We can get along when we want to," Louis retorts, taking his hands off of Harry and now standing next to him. Harry raises his eyebrow at this, because the statement is completely false.

"I sure hope so, because I'm gonna make you two get along if it's the last thing I do." Before the boys can react, Liam pulls something from the front pouch of his hoodie.

"Liam, what the hell?" Louis backs up when he sees the silver handcuffs dangling from Liam's hand.

"I saw a video on YouTube the other day where two exes were handcuffed for 24 hours, so you're gonna do the same thing," Liam explains.

"I'm not doing that," Louis adamantly says. Harry remains silent, because he honestly wouldn't mind spending 24 hours handcuffed to Louis; underneath the sass and rude comments is a kind and funny boy, Harry just has to work a little to get to him.

"You're doing it, or else you're not sleeping in my house. I'm sick of your fighting. You used to be such good friends," Liam says the last sentence under his breath as he grabs Louis' right wrist and Harry's left wrist, then handcuffs them together. "Goodnight. And if you start yelling again, I will kick you out," Liam gives the boys a fake grin, then goes back to his bedroom and shuts the door.

"I can't believe this," Louis sighs. They have been handcuffed together for not even a minute and Louis is already complaining about it.

"Where did he even get handcuffs?" Harry wonders, trying to commiserate with Louis and find light in the situation.

"He was a cop for Halloween last year, remember?" Louis says.

"Oh yeah," Harry nods, though he doesn't actually remember.

"Well, you got your wish, now we have to share this room," Louis says, clearly not happy with the situation.

"Yeah..." Harry trails, not knowing what else to say. "I'm gonna brush my teeth now," he adds. Louis reluctantly goes with him, not that he has a choice, and the boys brush their teeth in awkward silence.

"Why did he have to lock my right hand? I can't do shit with my left," Louis complains as he finally finishes brushing his teeth with his non-dominant hand.

"Sucks for you, he didn't lock up my wanking hand," Harry jokes, then starts for the bedroom. "I usually sleep naked, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible to take my shirt off in handcuffs." Harry starts to unzip his jeans and pull them down his legs, but Louis yanks on the handcuffs.

"If I see even a sliver of your dick I'm leaving."

"I'm just taking my jeans off, will you relax?" Harry's heart is beginning to hurt after being beaten down by Louis for so long. He can usually handle a few rude remarks from him, but it gets to be too much when almost every word that comes out of the boy's mouth is like a dagger aiming at his feelings.

Louis takes his jeans off as well, and the boys lie on their backs in bed, uncomfortably still. "Since we're gonna be together for the next 24 hours, can you please act like you don't hate me? It hurts sometimes," Harry admits in the dead silence of the almost pitch black room.

"I don't hate you," Louis answers after a few seconds; Harry was beginning to think Louis was ignoring him.

"You act like you do," Harry replies a little too quickly, so quick that it almost feels argumentative.

"I'm like that with everyone," Louis quietly says. "Is this you trying to make us have a deep conversation?" The walls that Louis has surrounding him are put back up just as quickly as they started to come down, and he goes back to having the same mocking tone that Harry is tired of.