"Aren't there some I don't know nice young guys your age? Maybe a nice businessman. Keep away from superheroes and agents. Want me to ask Pepper if she knows anyone? I bet pepper knows someone."

"Thinking of getting into dating, (y/n)?"

You choked on the water you had just attempted to swallow causing Tony to panic and quickly put his whiskey down and start banging on your back.

Steve rushed over to your side, took the water bottle from your hand, and grabbed your elbow gently to steady you.

"I'm ok, I'm ok I promise." You wheezed as you took several long gasps of air.

When you realized that Steve was still holding onto your elbow you were thankful that you were already as red as a tomato from choking or the blush that had rushed to your cheeks would have been noticeable.

Steve looked you over with concern before finally letting go but still didn't take his eyes off you. Tony watched the interaction and rolled his eyes before getting back to his whiskey and downing it.

"She should, but you know. I suggested she stay away from superheroes and agents."

"I'm sure she can handle herself whether she dates someone out of our profession...or someone in our profession." Steve's blue eyes never left your (e/c) eyes.

Tony being the asshole he is purposefully shoved his way in between the two of you and picked a shiny red apple from out of the fruit bowl sat on the kitchen counter.

"Maybe," Tony muttered as he cleaned the apple off on the front of his cotton black band shirt and stubbornly stayed as a wall between you and Steve.

When Steve had turned away to look through the assortment of fruits in the basket you narrowed your eyes at Tony before taking his apple out of his hands and took a bite.

"I am more than capable of handling myself, Anthony Edward Stark." You put the bitten apple back into his hand and walked away heading straight for your room.

Your brother always found a way to get on your nerves. He was stubborn and overly protective. Why was he even acting like you had a chance with Steve? You were pretty sure Steve was into Sharon Carter. Or at least that's what it always looked like from your perspective when you would see them together. Sharon giggling up a storm while Steve smiled stupidly. Plus being Tony's sister probably made you off-limits.

Just as you had walked into the elevator and the door was going to close, a hand shot out and caused the door to pause then slide back open.

You were about to argue thinking it was Tony but your glare soon turned into a beam.

"Nat. Didn't realize you would be back so soon." You stepped aside allowing the feisty redhead to stand beside you. She smiled back and shrugged.

"I know, got the mission done faster than expected. Is there a reason for the sour face? I haven't been home long enough to piss anyone off yet." She asked curiously crossing her arms as the elevator doors closed and began to move up.

"Tony."

"Ah." She nodded understandingly before she added, "Care to hit the gym? Nothing like a good workout to burn some frustration out."

You mulled it over and agreed. Getting to train with her was probably one of your favorite half times. You practically begged her the first time you met her and she had kicked Happy's ass. Served him right honestly underestimating her when she first walked into the ring.

"Meet me at the gym." She winked as you both stepped out of the elevator and towards your separate rooms.

As soon as you walked into the room you went straight to your dresser and began digging through your clothes. You opted for your favorite black workout leggings. Not because they made your ass look great anything. Then chose out your favorite Teal sports bra. As you finished changing into your activewear you quickly set to braiding your hair back to keep it out of your face.