𐐒𐐚 28 : se mirer ˎˊ˗

Start from the beginning

"What cowardice! Free me at once!" The adeptus still racking his fists back and forth to abscond from the binds.

"You're the true coward here Alatus."

The radiant, polychromatic vast sky above soon fades into a colorless one, even the refreshing, once calming breeze dissipated. Everything about this world he was stuck in screams of out of touch from the reality.

Xiao frowns, "Who are you?! And where's [F/N]!?"

"Oh, your beloved? There, looking at you with horrified eyes from what you became." The unknown then adds a chuckle in the end of his response, as the sky turned into somewhat of a vision from Xiao's perspective in the real-life world.

His amber hued irises widen, seeing you get grazed by the Jade Spear he often wields that never had been once tainted of mortal blood.

He could see your tears stream down your cheeks as clear as the crystalline waters and that torments him, as he never wished to bring harm upon you in the very first place.

Having enough from what he saw, "Let me out!" He screams and screws his eyes shut, the sight of you getting hurt by no other person but him leaves a corroding feeling deep into his bones.

Mayhaps it was foolish for Xiao to draw a conclusion of you getting corrupted by the Karma but not him. And the exact act of ignorance of his comes to bite hard in his fragile, vulnerable feelings.

Now that he's rendered immobile from the indestructible threads, Xiao is stuck in this world with nothing left but to watch you in agony as you could only do an attempt to bring him back to his old self.

Tears escape from his eyes, blood soon started to drip down on the ground from the wound he himself inflicted on his lips. "I'm sorry." He mumbles to himself, holding his head down low with no motivation in breaking free anymore.

Is he just living to see his loved ones pass on?

˖ ਏਓ ˖

Losing yourself in the middle of unknown wilderness certainly is not the wisest choice when you're facing a formidable opponent.

But do you really consider Xiao as a foe, from what he's capable and become of now?

You shook your head from the thought and continued to rapidly sprint deeper into the heart of the forest. And in the blink of an eye, the leaves rustled in the forest and the flock of birds flew away in terror. A loud crashing sound echoed throughout the forest that made you grow alarmed of the situation. You almost forgot about Xiao's inhumane speed of travelling from place to place as he immediately caught up to you with just several seconds. His new form never trembles nor cracks, loud stomps can be heared in the place.

Quickly hiding behind a large bark of a tree, you sat down and hugged your knees to your chest. Your heart palpitates with each second as the tread of Xiao's footsteps become louder. You forcefully purse your lips shut to muffle your sob and pants, tears never stopped to gush out from your eyes down your cheeks like a freshet of translucent rivers.

The amass of Karma energy breaks loose from Xiao's body for a moment and engulfed the whole forest instead. You could see the air tainted of ink black color as it felt suffocating for you to breathe it in your system.

Kill.

Xiao spares no hesitation as he strikes down the trees into two halves with his Jade Spear, the tremendous pressure of barks crashing against the soil ground hit a little too close to home, as you could feel his figure coming closer to the particular tree you're hiding behind on.

One. Two. Three. Four.

Four trees down, your distance from the adeptus a good one to six meters apart.

Five. Six. Seven.

Watching on in horror as the thud sounds never come to a halt, you feel your heart skip a beat as the trees surrounding the two of you no longer stands tall, and they were all cut into halves with the slightest power used.

Left with nothing but a particular single tree facing him, he simply steps forward and closer to your quivering figure.

You look up at him with frightful eyes, your gazes lock in paradox of your own feelings. Lust for havoc dances in his cerulean glowing irises, while yours simply convey of pleading to be saved. He furrows his eyebrows at the sight of you being desperate and pathetic. Or so that's the Karma resonating with him is making him feel.

"Please spare me." Were all the words that slipped out of your lips.

˖ ਏਓ ˖

༺ ˖࣪  ∗ ਏਓ ∗  ˖࣪ ༻