Can't outrun the truth

~Hii, this is my ending of the dragonspine Quest with Albedo. It's a bit emotional and I think some people could get triggered. So if you are sensitive I suggest not reading this.
Enjoy! (Contains gay content so if you are homophobic leave lol)~ *not my fanart on the cover+not my characters in this story*

Albedo POV:
All I wanted was to be the hero of the story. But I think that's not what fate has planned for me.
As soon as the traveler left dragonspine I was alone again. In this dark Place without a track of any living creatures.
I always have been alone here, doing my experiments.
Sometimes a little girl named Klee visits me, but it's too dangerous here so I told Jean she should stop Klee from coming here. I don't want to carry the burden of a lovely child dying to see me.
I am all alone. It seems like everybody found their person and their will to live. Everything they've been looking for.
And it seems that i, once more, am all alone. I am just here to protect humanity from me.
I knew these were the last weeks for me. It's too dangerous being with others. I am an „Homunculus".
I got created from humans. A part of my heart is made out of a piece from Durin's heart. The dragon Dvalin successfully fought and killed.
I'm connected to this evil dragon. When I die, dragonspine will be completely destroyed, and an other big part of Mondstadt probably too.
I don't know who Made me, or why I was created. Probably from a bad person, that wanted to bring darkness, scariness and pain over Teyvat. I just woke up. Laying infront of Durin's heart. Not knowing anything about myself.
I am not human and I am scared of myself.
Looking in the mirror hurts me, all I see are empty eyes.
Today I decided to go away from my camp to look around Mondstadt.
Who knows, maybe I will find a track of my existence. And besides, I have to follow my duty as a knight of favonius.
It's the first time in months I decided to go out.
I checked my look in the mirror, blonde hair reaching to my shoulders, pale skin and blue empty eyes. Same Look as always.
*time jump back in his first years in teyvat*
„MR. ALBEDO!!"
Not her again please.
Sucrose is a really nice girl. She is very interested in alchemy too, but she still has to learn a lot.
„Good afternoon, sucrose"
„I told Kaeya about you!"...
Who is Kaeya? She should know that I don't know anyone besides her and some travalers that pass by.
... „he is one of the knights of favonius, and he said you should visit mondstadt so he can get to know you!"
I swore to myself that I will never go under people, because it could be dangerous for everyone around.
So I decided to go with her. And Kaeya and Jean decided to make me a Knight. Unlucky me I guess.
*present Time*
I went out of my camp and traveled to Mondstadt.
I already felt the warm sun on my skin making 2 steps out of dragonspine.
I wish I could life in a warm part of Mondstadt, but I don't want the others to get in trouble because I can't control my power.
I reached the bridge leading into the village and already heard people talking with others, working, or just enjoying life.
I got greeted by a lot of villagers. I'm suprised they remember my name, and even know about my existence.
I heard the birds singing feeling the warm wind blowing through my hair, smelling fresh cooked food.
I want to stay here forever. This place is so beautiful. My thoughts got interrupted with someone petting on my shoulder: „Mr Albedo.. long time no see"
Kaeya. I feel very safe when he is with me. I always very liked his personality.. and his look of course.
A very tall man, dark blue hair in a low pony tail, shining blue eyes, eyes that you could look into for hours without getting bored. I feel like, he also really likes me. He somehow begs for physical contact with me. I am not complaining tho. We hugged once.
It was an incredible feeling, his strong arms holding me close to his body, warming me. I wish I could feel this once more.
„Hi Kaeya, yeah we haven't seen in a while." I finally said with a small smile on my face.
„How about we go drink something..? I will pay of course."
Did he really ask me this? Didn't expect something like this to happen.
„Yes sure, but only because you will pay"
We made our way to Diluc's Tavern.
We laughed a lot and really talked much, I didn't expect the evening to turn out this nice.
We drank a lot of alcohol, especially Kaeya. I didn't pay attention for a second and he passed out on the table.
Wow, now I am here alone.
He looked so peacefully sleeping, he was snoring a bit. It was pretty cute, seeing this tuff and strong looking man sleeping like a baby.
I grabbed a pencil and a piece of paper and wrote on it: „I'm sorry I just went away but the was back will be too dangerous when it's too late, I payed for you, I expect some money when we see again"
With these words I wanted to went away, till I heard him stumbling something like „albedo.. I want to.. protect you.."
What did he just say? I guess I will.. just go, it's very Late already.
As I went on my way home, some hilichurls attacked me. One of them hit right onto the spot where my heart is placed. I saw everything turning black and felt the hilichurls keep hitting me till I completely passed out.
The truth is, I am a weak coward, trying to outrun the fact that I have to die or I have to destroy whole Mondstadt. I felt like I am floating around in my empty brain trying to overplay the pain I am feeling at the moment. Why can't I just be happy, why can't I just disappear, so I can keep protecting mondstadt and.. Kaeya. I finally, was able to open up my eyes, realizing it was in the middle of the night. All I felt was pain all over my body, and an intense feeling of pain in my chest. My heart is hurting me. I knew something wasn't right with it and I will probably die in the next days. My heart is the weakest spot I have, because my whole existence is in Durin's heart piece.
I forced myself back into my camp and started writing letters to my Friends.
I wanted to keep myself away from humanity. To protect them and myself.
I started with the letter for Jean the dandelion knight
„Hello Jean, I am thankful for everything you've done for me. I know you are a friendly and understandable person and I hope you will understand why I did this.
Please don't blame yourself, I knew from the beginning nobody could help me. And nobody can help a person that doesn't want to be saved it the first place. Please Tell Klee that I am sorry and that I will always be her friend."
Actually. Jean was my only friend, but there's still Kaeya. I can't control my feelings infront of him, I am just myself.
„dear Kaeya, I forgave the world for all the things it put me through. Because it all led me to meet you. But when I realized, that I can't be together with you, I started to remember why I hated it in the first place. Please take care of Mondstadt and the villagers, i Hope you will feel joy in your life and will drink a lot of good wine. See you on the other side :)"
That's simple but good I think.
Now it comes to me. I have a lot of toxic substances that should kill me when I take enough.
Shortly before I planned to take them, I suddenly got this weird feeling. I think it's, sadness.
I felt like somebody stabbed a knife into my throat. It felt so dry and I couldn't get a single sound out.
As I finally got the balls to take them I sat on my bench, thinking about what will happen after I'm dead. I got dizzy, I only felt pain, it isn't as peaceful as I thought. Till I finally passed out with a tear in my eye.
Now here I am. Is this after life?
I don't see anything around me
It feels like floating in my own thoughts seeing all of my good memories with humans slowly fading.
At the end, I was just the villain, fighting for freedom and love.

~so yeah that's it I hope you somehow enjoyed it a bit :D
I'm sorry if sone informations aren't true, I got this dragon, Homunculus theory from yt so yee- see you soon!~
Maybe a part two will come.. ;)

-1543 words-