"Uh, if you'll excuse me..." I whisper awkwardly, trying with all my might to keep my eyes focused on the wall. Don't fall into his abdominal trap, Lily!

"Quick question." James swiftly reaches out and holds my wrist. I pause and turn to face him. Great, now my eyes were glued to his. How does he always do this to me?

"Yeah, uh... what's up?" I stammer awkwardly.

"Do you remember... anything? From last night?" He looks down at me, as if searching for the answer in my eyes.

Now that he mentions it, do I remember anything? I recall coming in from the lake, but the memory gets hazy when we lit the fire.

"Not exactly... I think I remember up until Sirius tripped over that log, but that's about it..." I furrow my brows in thought. "Why? Did something happen?"

James hesitates a moment. "No, I was... just curious." He smiles lightly to me. "Now go lay down, your head must be killing you."

"Oh, yeah, right," The conversation seemed to distract me from my splitting headache, but the reminder of it brought it back. I stepped around James and left his room, then made my way back to mine.

As I reached my door, Marlene stumbled out of the bathroom across the hall, followed by Sirius. Marlene looked nearly as rough as I felt, with semi-bushy hair and a slight green tinge on her face.

"Rough morning for both women in the house, I see?" Sirius commented.

"I'll say." James' voice called from his doorway. "Lily's a decent alarm clock when she barges in your room searching for a toilet."

"Shut up, Potter." I grumble at the two laughing boys in the hall. I could see Marlene roll her eyes from behind her hands.

"Go do something productive and make us tea, why don't you?" Marlene stomped on Sirius toe as she walked away from the bathroom and towards me. "We'll be in here, and if it isn't ready in 10 minutes, laughing at us will be the last thing you ever do."

"Oh no! Angry witches!" James exclaimed with false fear.

"We better skedaddle, Prongs!" Sirius remarked with the same tone. The two laughed at their stupid joke and began making their way downstairs.

"Pricks." Marlene grumbled, rubbing her forehead.

"Tell me about it." I agreed as we walked into my room together. I plopped down on the bed, and Marlene did the same on the other side.

"Remember anything?" She sighed.

"Hardly. Just until Sirius tripped over the logs." I say towards the ceiling. Turning to face her would hurt too much.

"I recall spilling my drink on Remus, but it goes foggy from there." Marlene adds. "Not to mention how much James was staring at you." She elbowed my side with a small giggle.

"Really?" I ask, trying to sound nonchalant. I looked at Marlene and her eyebrows are raised at me. "Oh- uh, gross."

"She's not kidding, you know." A groggy voice sounded from the doorway. I look over to see Remus leaning against the doorframe, looking tired but over all well. "Not that that's very surprising though. It's one of James's main hobbies."

"Someone tell him to explore new things." I scoff with an eye roll.

"Who's exploring what now?" James's voice called as he passed Remus and entered the room with a tea tray.

"None of your business." Marlene quickly changes subject. I secretly thanked her.

"Whatever you say, m'ladies." He shrugged.