Arc 1 Chapter 3: The Sword Saint vs The Dragon

Start from the beginning

The onlookers could not believe what they were seeing. 

The sound of steel constantly filled their ears as the two displayed such sword skill, it left the audience breathless.

Alexis sidestepped a slash from Reinhard and parried back. Reinhard constantly aimed to knock Alexis sword out of her grip to get the blade length. 

They were locked in such a momentous battle, one mistake would cause the other's loss. 

Eventually, they both separated. 

Alexis raised her sword up as the wind around it began to spiral and swirl.

Reinhard took a stance with his sword as the mana in the air was absorbed by him.

Strike Air! : Hammer of the Wind King

The resulting explosion was so blinding, the audience had to divert their eyes to avoid being blinded forever. When the smoke cleared.

They were gone...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two of them were moving so fast through the air, they seemed to be flying. In seconds, they reached an enormous open field.

"I will admit Reinhard, you are by far the toughest opponent I have ever faced."

"...You were the one that killed the White Whale three years ago. I recognize that wind sword."

Reinhard had to quickly block a devastating kick that split the ground beneath him and created a miniature tornado.

 Mana Infusion is an extension of Mana Burst. Instead of mana being released from the user to boost damage, mana is being absorbed six fold to boost physical capabilities by an amount much bigger than Mana Burst. A downside to this is the extensive amount of mana used to sustain this.

This barrage continued as Reinhard responded in kind. He used an unarmed technique that was so ridiculous, when Alexis dodged one of his hits, it sliced through the ground easily.

This kept going until both of them were covered in marks and bruises. Both of them were visibly exhausted as they both took deep breaths to get their pulses back to normal.

"I fear that if we continue for much longer, neither of us will be coming out of this battle alive." Reinhard said as he stood back up straight from a period of exhaustion.

"....Yeah," Alexis said as she raised Excalibur with the wind unsheathed, glowing a gold color. "so lets finish this."

Reinhard said nothing as he responded raising Reid, glowing blue. 

The clash reshaped the land as the battle split apart reality itself. 

Alexis slashed through a hill as Reinhard fell from above. He clashed with her sending her back flying at the speed of light. She prepared her Noble Phantasm.

Excalibur!

She sent a blast of golden energy at Reinhard. He responded with a slash of his own, dispelling the wave under immense force.

"(So even that wasn't enough)" Alexis said as she blocked a blow from Reinhard. "(Very well then, I will give everything I have in this one last attack!)"

Dropping Excalibur, she raised her right arm. The air shifted as a spear materialized. This spear was Alexis final Noble Phantasm, and the most powerful.

A wave of immense energy and heat bursted from the weapon and melted the ground itself. It continued to build power as the remainder of Alexis mana was infused with the weapon, further empowering it.

Reinhard raised Reid to prepare an overhead slash. The air grew frigid as he absorbed all of the mana in the atmosphere. The sword looked as if the gods were bringing judgement to Alexis.

These two opposite elements met with the flames of the spear meeting the freeze of the sword. Events akin to natural disasters occurred around the area as they both readied their weapons.

RHONGOMYNIAD!

The clash of legendary weapons shook the world itself. The apex of the swings split open the sky and wiped out the surrounding area. This would end soon.

And it did when the Dragon Sword Reid was knocked out of Reinhard's hands.

Not wasting anytime, Reinhard picked up Excalibur which'd had flown to his side. Throwing it to knock Rhongomyniad out of Alexis hands.

Alexis rushed forward, mana stores depleted, weaponless, to pick up Reid which was lying in the middle.

But Reinhard got there first.

Reid was at the throat of Alexis, it's edge right at her neck. It was then.

"You win."

Reinhard lowered Reid as Alexis collapsed to the ground, lying on her back.

"You have my respect. You were by far the most difficult opponent I've ever faced." Reinhard said this as he sat down next to Alexis.

"...Yeah...same here."

Reinhard stood up as he helped Alexis up. Draping one of her arms of his shoulder, they retrieved their weapons.

"This is going to be a pain isn't it?" Alexis groaned out.

"If you wish for it to be faster I can carry you."

"No."

They head back to the Capitol after a long battle. The aftermath of the battle was slowly healing due to Reinhard's territorial creation.