Monster | Loki Laufeyson

A/N: In this one Y/N is female. Literally only because Loki uses the word "woman" in an insulting way, but for the most part Loki is pretty soft in this one.

Warning: implications of sex I guess?
——————————————————————

Warm light filtered through the emerald green curtains. You turned over in the bed and reached your hand out to wake your boyfriend.

To your dismay, the bed was empty. Your eyes shot open, your gaze settling on the sheets laying in a ruffled mess. You sat up slowly, looking around the room for any sign of your raven-haired prince.

Nothing. You pushed the blankets off of you and headed out of the bedroom to the rest of the chambers. Unlike the curtains in the bedroom, all of them in the rest of the chambers were drawn shut. Strange.

You were about to look in the study room until you heard a few sniffles from music room. You quickly made your way to the golden gilded double doors and gently tugged on the handles.

Locked.

You shook your head and knocked. The sniffling seized and there was a moment of silence before you spoke.

"Loki?" You whispered, but loud enough where he would hear. A strangled whisper came from the other side and you pressed your ear against the door to hear better.

"- me alone."

"Not an option. You can either unlock the door or I'll open it with my magic. Which do you prefer?" You asked him softly.

"Please..." Was all he said in return. Whether he was begging you to come in or to stay out you didn't know.

You waved your hand in front of the handle, a soft click sounding as the door unlocked. You slowly opened the door and walked in.

It was completely dark inside but you knew he was there by his stifled sobs. Your eyes started to water as you heard him cry but you had to contain yourself if you wanted to help him.

You summoned a small ball of yellow light in your palm and held it in front of you. You heard another sob and held out your hand to the left, the direction it came from. Loki was hunched in the corner by the piano. He had his head in his knees and his arms were wrapped tightly around his legs.

You walked closer to him and once you were right in front of him you sat on the floor with you legs tucked beside you with your left arm keeping you balanced.

"Lohks?"

"I told you to leave me alone."

"You know that's hard for me to do," you said as you chuckled sadly. You were going to take his hand until you realized it was... blue. You held the ball of light closer to him and saw there were thin raised lines across his knuckles, some wrapped around his fingers like little dainty rings. His nails were black and long, the tips pointed so they looked like claws.

"Are you okay?" You took his hand, almost withdrawing it with how cold it felt.

At the same moment Loki snapped his head up and snatched his hand away.

"Obviously not, woman," he snapped, his voice coming out like a growl.

You breath caught in your throat, not only at his insult but also because of his appearance. His eyes, which were brimmed with tears, were crimson red. His skin matched the blue of his hand, raised lines swooping across his forehead and running along his cheekbones.

"Loki... You're a-"

"Monster."

"No, absolutely not. You're- you're," you stumbled over your words, struggling to tell him just exactly how you felt. Of course you were shocked he was Jötunn but that didn't make you love him any less. He was still himself. He was still your Loki. He still looked as handsome as ever, absolutely beautiful.

"Terrifying, disgusting," Loki listed out as you were still trying to get your words out. He had tears running down his face now. "I'm a monster Y/N. Everyone would be mortified if they found out what I really am. You should be scared of me! Why are you still here? Can't you understand I don't deserve love if I'm like this. I-"

You had tears running down your face as you cupped his face and brought his lips to yours before he could protest.

Loki's whole body stiffened, the scared and angry part of him telling him to pull away, to get you away before he hurt you. He grabbed your wrist, ready to pull your hand off, but your soft lips against his made him feel calm, like he was floating and could think of nothing else but your touch. You were here. With him. You were kissing him. You weren't running away.

He shifted his body so he was now on his knees, his lips not leaving yours.

You pulled away after a few moments, wiping the stray tears from his face. Loki whimpered at the loss of your lips and you blushed at the sound.

"Y/N..." he whispered, his red eyes slightly dazed.

"I love you, Loki," you told him and pulled him into your arms. Loki nuzzled his head into the crook of your neck."I don't care if you're Jotun, Asgardian, Elven, or human. I love you, all of you. You're beautiful in this form. It's still you. You're still my Loki." You ran your fingers through his hair as you spoke to him. His breathing had evened out and you smiled.

"Thank you," he said softly. He picked his head up from your shoulder so his eyes were looking into your own. His eyes flickered to your lips and he didn't hesitate to say: "Kiss me again, please."

You giggled and moved into his lap to be closer to him. You took some time to take him in, your eyes following the light blue lines along his cheekbones. You took your finger and softly traced the raised skin. Loki sighed, pleased, although his eyes were begging you to kiss him. You leaned in to where your lips barely skimmed his and whispered against them:

"Let me show you just how much I love you."