"You're staying behind," Finn said like his word was law. But Klaus was having none of it. He growled, his eyes piercing onto his siblings, his chest heaving up and down with rage as he could barely contain himself.

"I'm the hybrid!" he shouted, pointing to himself. "I can't be killed!" he roared, his eyes flashing. "I'm not going to be afraid of you, any of you!" he spat, gesturing towards his siblings. "I'll hunt you all down!" he swore vehemently, his hands clenched into fists as he resisted the urge to plunge all the daggers inside them and to let them rot until the ends of the earth.

His siblings just looked at him with scorn. Then Kol spoke up, his eyes glossy. "You say that you aren't like father," he whispered softly and Klaus' eyes widened, shaking his head rapidly. But Kol continued, ignoring his elder brother's expression.

"You're just like him, in fact you're worse," he whispered hoarsely, lowering his eyes down. Klaus roared, lunging for his brother, knocking him back, his fangs dangerously close towards his neck. "Say something like that again and I'll bite you," he whispered dangerously, his eyes flashing with hate. Kol just scoffed. "There you go again!" he exclaimed with a mirthless chuckle. "There really is no redemption for you, is there?" he sighed mockingly as he glared at Klaus, his words making him flinch. But none of them would be prepared for what happened next.

"My sons, stop this at once." A woman walked in, wearing an old style of dress, the ends trailing on the floor. She had a thin but ornate headband around her long, blonde hair. Rebekah sucked in a sharp breath. "Mother.." she breathed. "But Mikael killed you.." she gasped, hardly believing her eyes.

Esther only smiled, but her eyes were cold. "I see that there are still secrets concerning my death, my children" her eyes flickered between each of her children, each holding a look of shock and disbelief on their faces. Klaus had practically cowered in the corner, shaking.

Esther calmly walked up towards him. "I see that you haven't told them the truth about what really happened, did you?" she asked in a calm tone of voice. The rest of her children were confused. "What is she talking about, Niklaus?" Elijah asked in a soft tone of voice but his voice shook. Esther only laughed but there was no joy behind it. "How about you actually tell them, hmmm?" she asked, her eyes glinting. She was waiting for her middle son to finally fess up for his crime and confess in front of everyone. Well, not quite everyone.

Klaus took in a shuddering breath, his eyes still on the floor as he couldn't bear to look up at the faces of his family. He knew that one day that this was going to happen. He just didn't expect it to be happening all so fast. He felt dizzy and faint, a rare feeling for the Original Hybrid.

"I ripped our mother's heart out and framed it on Mikael," he whispered hoarsely. His words were met with silence. The tension in the rooms was so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Finn roared, his eyes flaring up with hate and distaste once more. Out of all his siblings, he was the closest to his mother. Rebekah gasped and she suddenly couldn't support herself, falling towards the floor but Elijah quickly caught her in his arms, gathering her to himself as she sobbed into his chest, her body shaking as she cried.

She couldn't believe that her own brother had killed their mother and had framed it on the man whom they had been running from for centuries - this was the ultimate betrayal.

Kol just lunged for him once more but was thrown back by Esther's magic. "That is enough!" she shouted. Klaus just looked shaken up. "You're here to kill me," he said in a soft tone of voice. There was nothing that he could do now.

The secret was out. Esther just shook her head. "Niklaus, look at me," she ordered but he didn't comply, his eyes fixed on the floor. "Niklaus, look at me," she ordered once again but he didn't budge. Finn scoffed. "Look up at our mother, brother" Kol couldn't help but sigh. Finn would always be a mother's boy. Esther looked upon her eldest son with a smile, but he didn't return it, choosing to look at the wall instead.

Esther just sighed inwardly.Klaus finally looked up, his eyes filled with vulnerability. "I'm not here to kill you," Esther said, her bright green eyes fixed on Klaus's stormy blue eyes. Klaus's heart flipped around in his chest. He was so sure that she would kill him right there and then in front of his family.

"But I'm here to forgive you," she explained and she was met with several curious looks. She turned towards her children. "I want us all to be a family again," she announced, a small smile playing on the edges of her lips. Suddenly a shadow emerged from the background. Jeremy had been listening all this time, keeping hidden.

He knew that the vampires could hear his heartbeat, but they never said anything. He wondered why that was. He then thought that they didn't want to add more fuel to the fire just yet. But he would do that himself.

When he saw Esther approach, he almost threw up everything that he had eaten that day out of shock. He was even more shocked when he found out the truth. In all honesty, he wasn't particularly surprised. That was something that Klaus would definitely do.

He sighed deeply. He was disappointed in Klaus but he didn't trust Esther one bit, regardless if she had been his mother in his past life or not. He only wondered how she had gotten out of her coffin. He decided to make his grand entrance. Esther was the only one who hadn't seen him yet. He stepped out from behind the shadows, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Hello, mother" he announced, a smile playing on the edges of his lips. The blood drained from Esther's face as she looked at her youngest son reincarnated. "Henrik," she whispered, her eyes suddenly filling up with tears.

Notes:

𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐑𝐈𝐊 𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍, 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें