Jeremy hissed. "Kol!" he protested but Finn shook his head. "No, I want to know as well. Be grateful it's us and not our dear Klaus and Elijah" he said with a raised eyebrow. Tyler shifted around in his seat as all eyes were on him. "Well, I love him very much and I think that I'll make him very happy," he explained and Jeremy just blushed and looked away. "You think?" Kol asked with indignation.

"You will otherwise I'll grab a branch, wrap it up with wolfsbane and shove it up your ass," he threatened. Tyler paled and he could feel sweat forming on his forehead. "I - I got it," he said with a cough. They certainly were threatening. He knew that Damon or the rest of the gang weren't joking when they said that the Mikaelsons were dangerous and lethal. Get on the wrong side of one of them and you would have just signed your death sentence. He had only met Elijah and Klaus so far, both by accident but they had no idea of the relationship between him and Jeremy.

"You had better otherwise I'll have you removed from his life" Finn grumbled underneath his breath. "Stop scaring my wolf," Jeremy whined and rolled his eyes, looking around the restaurant. "We're your brothers and it's our job to scare away," he earned a slap around the head from Finn. "I mean get to know our siblings potential lovers," he explained himself with a laugh. "You had better not hurt him," Finn said with a low growl sounding in his throat.

Tyler nodded his head rapidly. "You have my word, I will never hurt Jeremy, ever" he vowed seriously. Kol groaned and slammed his forehead down on the table. "Ugh, he sounds like Elijah" he complained, making his brothers chuckle underneath their breaths.

"But in all seriousness, you will stay out of any trouble, won't you?" Finn asked with a frown. "I don't want Jeremy getting mixed up in anything when it can be prevented. It seems that your sister doesn't care about you unless it's for her own benefit," earning a raised eyebrow and a snigger from Kol.

He mused aloud, his mind going back towards the conversation that they heard. Jeremy nodded his head. "Don't worry, nothing will happen, I promise," he said seriously. Kol and Finn nodded, hoping that the younger would stick to his word.

— — —

The rest of the summer continued on with hardly a hitch, save for Elena's whining and whinging about Stefan and Klaus. It was like she had completely forgotten his relationship with Klaus. He still considered him a brother, regardless of what he had done but Elena was making it so difficult to sympathise with her when her main concern was only herself. He was glad that Jenna and Alaric were who knows where so she couldn't contact them for any help.

"Look, Elena you really need to listen to me," he tried his best to explain to her one day when he completely had enough of her grumbles. "Had it ever occurred to you that maybe Stefan doesn't want to be found, or he might be protecting you? After all, he did exchange his very freedom for his brother's life," he tried to make her see it from his point of view. Elena shook her head. "That's not true, Stefan would never leave willingly with such a monster," she denied it.

"He might not have gone willingly but what choices did he have? Let Damon die or just go with him?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. That seemed to have done the trick because she scoffed underneath her breath, cursing as she went as she left the house. Jeremy sighed. This was a long summer. The longest of his life. He hoped that it would just be all over soon, but of course beggars couldn't be choosers.

— — —

"Ugh, these mouse traps are taking so damn long to stick down!" Caroline groaned with a huff as she placed them down. Bonnie laughed softly. "Oh come on, don't be such a spoilsport" she said as she continued the task. They were doing various things for prank night. They hoped that they might be able to make memories to go on with them into their senior year.

This would be their last proper year at school then college came along. In nearly a year so much had happened - none of them had expected it but they liked to think that they had coped well with all the events that the supernatural world threw at them.

As they were putting them down, the door suddenly opened. "Of course Matty blue eyes had to ruin everything!" Caroline screeched, throwing her hands up in the air. Elena laughed and shook her head, grabbing some glue heading towards the door. Matt just looked sheepish as usual, a wince covering his expression. "I'm going to glue down Alaric's desk shut" she began and walked out, Bonnie close on her heels.

Matt and Caroline were left alone, not really looking at each other as it was awkward, considering all the relationship drama that they had gone through that year. The rest of them hoped that they would get over their slump and return to being friends in no time.

Suddenly the classroom door flew open and Bonnie rushed in, a horrified look on her face. Her friends instantly rushed towards her. Matt grabbed onto her shoulders and looked at her worriedly. "Bonnie, what's going on?" he asked breathlessly, wondering what could have suddenly happened to get one of his friends into such a distress so quickly, especially since they were so happy earlier. It seemed like they could never enjoy themselves for a few moments until something had to happen to ruin the peace and fun.

Caroline just looked grave as realisation dawned on her face."It's Klaus, isn't it?" she in a monotone voice. At this point she really wasn't surprised. Klaus just appeared at any minute. He was extremely unpredictable. That's what made him dangerous. He was cold and calculating - always three steps ahead. Bonnie just nodded her head, a fearful look shining in her eyes. Matt's usually warm blue eyes darkened.