Sighing in relief since she wasn't that sickened out, the younger exchange a small glimpse at the witty head who's busy with placing the umbrella at the back seat.

❝ Here, wear it. Your clothes got a bit drenched. ❞ The thoughtful side of Jongseong just had to hand over a navy-blue hoodie as Mijin suspiciously covered herself just in case her soaked clothes were revealing some of her skin.

A smirk just annoyingly had to be represented all over Jay's insanely handsome face as he tilted his head to the other side in case the little missy misunderstood him as something he's not.

After tugging the oversized hoodie, Mijin finally paid attention to the frat boy who's busily flipping his wet blonded strands back and forth.

It was hot.

And Mijin couldn't seem to deny the fact at all.

❝ Take a picture, it lasts longer. ❞ The shy cat got caught off guard with a heated up face as she buried her head low with the hoodie.

Coughing out of awkwardness, they drove in silence without any murmurs and Mijin was lowkey kind of surprised at how Jay didn't even try to annoy her even if it's just for a bit to flutter her heart with pick up lines or bold compliments.

Was it because he needed to maintain his manners as someone who's a soon-to-be taken husband?

He must've gotten informed about the occasional news between him and the Mijoo girl.

Mijin was glad on his behalf to be paired up with a barbie lookalike but pitied Mijoo to be someone as bratty as him's wife.

❝ Why are you back so early? Didn't you say that you're gonna let me live in peace while you're gone? ❞

Mijin's complaint made Jay chuck lovingly at how she's starting to get invested in his matter of fact.

Well, surprise to her cause his family vacay to Jeju got messed up without even his notice thanks to the unrequitedly desperate side of their forced marriage in the order of business.

❝ What? Are you that happy now that I'm back or something? Awwn~ , did you miss me that much Mijin-ah? ❞ Mijin narrowed her brows at Jay's weird manner which made her look away.

Jongseong just cooed before playfully whistling until they came to a traffic light which led him to a chance of explanation. ❝ The thing is, my vacation got interfered some bothersome news which my father held and we had to come back possibly for a press conference. ❞

Jay was assuming that Mijin might have also got came across the news of his marriage thingy with Hwang Mijoo since their famous university was one of a kind to not have their lips shut tight.

He wasn't mistaken as Mijin just awkwardly played with her fingers since she'd already kept that in mind.

❝ Seems like destiny don't want to drift us apart so easily, huh? ❞ Of course, the Park Jongseong being the flirty hoe he was, just had to tease the easily-irritated girl as she just squinted her eyes into a thin line.

❝ Have anyone told you that your jokes aren't even funny? ❞ The irony girl didn't miss an opportunity to mock the highly standardized male who's an essential generation of the SSS company.

Jay takenly accepted her sarcastic quote while awkwardly playing with her chin. ❝ Gee, you need to chill for a bit. ❞

Mijin just gave up on the not so serious boy as she took a glance outside the crystal droplets flowing down on the car window in a misty manner.

The broken girl badly wanted to smile but she's afraid that she'll impactfully break Jay's expensive car window into pieces.

Holding back her starve, she just played with her ethereal fingers on the cold window which made Jay's grin extend as she's naturally behaving like a feminine for now.

❝ What's your favourite season? ❞ Yes, Jay unintentionally questioned something not flirty for once to Mijin.

The girl was trying her very best to not transform her beautifully coral lips into a crescent shape.

However, if Jay expected Mijin to answer it with a smile, he's proven wrong as the consistent female just sighed in the disappointment of her suffocating life.

❝ Autumn. ❞ , Mijin replies in short.

If Jongseong had to honestly filter his feelings of satisfaction, the male would've been a joyful mess cause they coincidentally had the same season as favourites.

❝ Any reasons to follow along..? ❞ Jongseong was partially interested in her reasons and the way why she loves it.

❝ It reminds me of the rain, the cosy breeze and several dried leaves. The rain is cold yet if you could feel the sensation while staying inside, it's satisfying for no certain reason. Cold yet cosy, you know? ❞

Mijin didn't just directly confessed that the drizzly weather represented her true nature.

She was just like the stone-cold water drops which were continuously falling by force of fate's control.

Yet, people couldn't seem to see thoroughly of her cosy and warmth internally which she keeps to herself.

Mijin used to be a bright, cheery, loud and well-energised kid like Jay before her world turned all dark and gloomy thanks to the foul clouds which buried the sun.

And Jongseong just began to realise that the rain reminds him of her, lowkey.

What if the stubborn and mocking personality of Mijin only exists because she refuses to open up to people? Hopefully, Jay thought.

❝ Lucky you cause you're also a part of my favourite season. ❞ Jongseong's sly smile and the secretive words made Mijin puzzled, not being able to understand specifically what his words meant.

' Huh? What does he mean by that? ' The complexed expression on Mijin's face already explained enough.

The boy dropped her off at the convenience store as promised, safe and sound before representing a grin which Mijin was creeped out incompletely.

❝ See you later missy. ❞

Her emotionless expression still hadn't changed a bit as she 'politely' bowed at Jongseong as if he's elderly which the guy found funny.

Deciding to check his notifs meanwhile the car's still being pulled over, the boy lurked around his notif bomb which came in like a mess.

But a particular one just had to seize his attention.

' ( pjs__o_o ) Mi_jin20 has started following you. '

« end of a chapter »