"Really? Why?"

"I don't know," I stated. "But I'm gonna go find out."

* * * * *

I shuffled rapidly down the stairs from inside the house and marched through the kitchen, swinging open the patio door. My mum and Gio halted their conversation and she turned to look at me with a broad grin on her face.

"Surprise!" she exclaimed.

I mirrored her grin and ran up to her right away, throwing my arms around her neck and hugging her tight, so tight that I lifted her right up off the ground and she made an oof sound as I squeezed my my mum into an obnoxious hug.

"Mum! What are you doing here!?" I asked, buzzing with adrenaline as I put her back down and took a step back, still in shock.

"What? I'm not allowed to come for a short visit and see my kid?" my mum brazenly replied.

"Of course you're bloody allowed. I'm just so surprised to see you. I didn't know you had plans to come here."

"Well, it was a spontaneous trip. And I didn't come alone, either."

I cocked a brow, unsure of what she meant by that exactly until I followed her line of vision and saw my sister Gemma walking towards us.

Gemma was three years older than me but she had a childlike aura to her at all times, always so youthful and cheery with her medium length caramel colored hair in an ombre style, sporting a black and white striped top underneath a cute, stylish pair of short, black overalls.

She greeted me with the signature Styles nose scrunch. "Hey stinker."

I had such a close, amazing relationship with my sister and I considered her to be one of my best friends, so I couldn't have been anymore thrilled to see her face for a double surprise. I immediately ran up to Gemma next, lifting her off the ground in the same way that I did my mum and spun her a few times in a tight hug until she swatted at my arm.

"Put me down, I'm getting nauseous!" she laughed.

"Sorry," I murmured with a cracked smile, obliging.

Gio flashed us a bright grin. "They couldn't let you have all the fun."

I was unable to stop myself from smiling, my dimples ever so prominent. As much as I was having the time of my life in Italy all summer, there were several times that I stopped to realize how much I was missing my own family, and having both my mum and Gemma there with me then was giving me such a joyful feeling of fullness.

I then heard the door slam shut to the house and looked over to see Zayn stepping out in his usual ripped jeans and this colorful, psychedelic looking John Lennon t-shirt. Gemma's eyes lit up at the sight of him and she bounced over towards where he stood.

"Zayn! Zayn Malik!"

He humorously looked around, pretending as if that wasn't him. "Where!?"

Gemma laughed and lifted her arms up to draw him in for a close embrace. "I haven't seen you in ages my little Zayno. And what are you so bloody handsome for!?"

Zayn chuckled and squeezed her back. "I have no idea what you're talking about, Gem. But how are you?"

She pulled away from their hug and scrunched up her nose again, smiling. "I'm fabulous. Wow, the last time I saw you you were much shorter than me."