"Which one? You have ten."

The human rolled her eyes, shoving Nathaniel's arm. "She only has five brothers, drama queen. Klaus, Elijah, Finn, Kol, and Henrik."

Rebekah smiled softly at the mention of her youngest brother. She hadn't talked about him much, but the fact that Nina included him warmed her heart.

"I was thinking Elijah if we have a boy. Since Freya already named her son after Klaus, I thought we can honor his life as well."

"Sounds lovely. For the first name, you can use Nathaniel. Nathaniel Elijah has a nice ring to it."

"You never stop talking, do you?" Now it was Rebekah's turn to push his arm.

"And miss the chance to hear my own voice? Never."

✵ ✵ ✵

After two more hours of talking and Nathaniel and Rebekah arguing during most of it, Nina decided it was time for them to get some air.

Nathaniel was throwing the ball to Lexie and Nik in the backyard, using his vampire speed to catch it before they could. Only it backfired once they started attacking him out of frustration.

"Stop complaining! You can heal." Rebekah called out from her spot next to Nina on the grass.

Out of their whole house, the backyard was Nina's favorite part. It had a pool, plenty of space, and a small garden she tended to during the warmer season. The part she loved the most was the wooden swing attached to a tree in the back. The grass surrounding it was covered in wildflowers, making it the perfect spot to escape from reality and relax.

Realizing the dogs weren't going to stop biting him any time soon, Rebekah got up with a groan and jogged towards Nathaniel, snatching the ball from his hand and throwing it.

Nina couldn't make out what they were saying, but she assumed it was mostly Rebekah calling him an idiot and Nathaniel denying the claim. Sighing in delight from the sun beaming down on her skin, the human leaned back onto the grass. Closing her eyes, she allowed herself a moment of peace before the two needed a referee in their fight.

As predicted, a minute later Nathaniel yelled for Nina as Rebekah starting whipping the ball at his back. Nina let out a laugh, watching as he curled up into a fetal position on the ground.

"Bex, I think his poor back has had enough."

"He's a bloody vampire! He can handle it."

"When you turn into a human, I'm going to whip balls at you."

"Stop talking dirty to my wife." Nina said, faking a glare at Nathaniel as she walked up next to the blonde.

"Please, she would kill me before I could ever flirt with her."

"That's right. Besides, save your flirting for that girl. What was her name again, Jessica?"

"I thought it was Abby?"

"Maybe it was Aubrey."

"You two are the absolute worst." Nathaniel groaned, his back now flat against the grass as he stared up. "I won't say her name because she hates me."

"And why is that?" Nina questioned, lowering herself to the spot next to him.

Sensing it was about to get emotional, Rebekah turned on her heel and walked in the opposite direction, pretending she was playing with the dogs instead of having to hear about his love life.

"I was being myself, like you told me, and she thought I was an asshole. I didn't even insult her, I never would, but she took my sarcasm the wrong way."

"That was months ago, right? Maybe she's gotten over it and has been waiting for you to see her again."

"That's stupid, why can't she talk to me first?"

Nina groaned, "Stop being stubborn and just talk to her."

"If I'm the stubborn one, then you haven't met Rosie. That girl is as hot headed as her hair."

"I haven't met Rosie. I also don't get what that means."

Nathaniel rolled his eyes, "It's a figure of speech, Nina. And I meant that she's hot headed since her hair is red. She's also beautiful. And really funny. And sweet. And beautiful, did I say that already? Shit, I really love that girl."

The human grinned, "Love, huh?"

"Shut up, you already know that I love her. It took me hundreds of years to move on and when I do, I fall in love with a twenty one year old who can chug a can of Root beer upside down and brighten any room with her smile."

Nina squealed, her grin widening as she listened to his words, "Oh my gosh! Oh my actual freaking gosh! You guys are almost as cute as Rebekah and I! Leave my house immediately and tell her how you feel."

"Are you crazy? Trust me, she doesn't feel the same way. Besides, she's too young for all this vampire stuff. I think she would throw garlic at my face if I told her."

"You never know. If Rebekah told me about who she was in the first place, I wouldn't have been as upset. If you keep waiting, you'll only hurt her more."

A beat passed before Nathaniel sighed, "Maybe you should've become a therapist instead."

"Are you two done yet? I'm getting bored." Rebekah called out, making the two let out small laughs.

Standing from his spot, the vampire held a hand out to Nina and carefully lifted her.

"I'll see her soon, I promise."

"You better. Or I'll never let you near my child."

Happy April!

For the next eleven chapters, you'll be able to see Nina and Rebekah through the pregnancy!

Also, writing about Nathaniel and Rosie was so cute to me. If any of you wanted, I'd be more than happy to make a book about them!

Have a great day and my inbox is always open! <3