Chapter one$

moms always told me live fast die young, but she was a druggie who could barely afford our rent. growing up in the hood, with a dead beat mom and a non existent dad and a women and child beater, you learn to keep to yourself and just don't cause problems, but my biggest problem was here in Brooklyn, New York.

It all started when i was just a baby i grew up before i even knew what growing up meant. Mom got mad at me because i didn't know anything, but i was still a baby so why the fuck does that matter. she hit me a lot. and i hit back. her boyfriend hits me too, i try to hit back but that mother fucker always gets his grip. yeah yeah go ahead and give me the respect your mom lecture, but you have to earn respect to be given. i'm not normal. i know that. i'm not the type of girl to walk around the city in a strapless crop top and booty shorts, like no. i'm not no hoochie. i have the biggest mind and the craziest shit to say, but again growing up without anyone to look up to really makes me stay to my self, talking in my head was my best choice even if everything i had to say was either the worst or the best. but they will never know that.

i don't have any friends, i skate around to different skateparks to see more challenges for me. some people told me i skate like a pro, but i can't make it. i don't feel like i want to make it pros. that's all i really do. and right now....i'm on my way to my tia house, mom told me she was getting tired of my shit. haven't seen my tia since i was like 5 i'm 16 now. right about now i'm rolling into the city of East Los Angeles.

i mostly pack all my important shit like my board, most my clothes, my records and my record player, and my cassettes. music was my get away.

sooner or later i arrive to the small little house in East Los Angeles. i knock on the door with my two duffel backs and my tia opens the door with wide arms. i flinched quickly, but soon relax and remember where i'm at. she gives me a concerned look.

"life was tough in brooklyn" i mumbled looking down and she nodded giving me the most biggest warmest hugs i have felt in my whole life.

"come on Mija let me show you to your room" she says grabbing one of my bags leading me to my room.

it's now been a couple hours later and is now 4 o clock here, so i decide to go skate.

"Tia can i go skate" i ask quietly

"yes mija just be careful" she says as she continues to make pozole

i walk out the door and head to the nearest skatepark . i then see theres like two big ass groups there. i didn't mind though.  i patiently waited my turn and once i was up and drop my board running and hopping on hitting a varial kick flip onto the rail but instead my board snapped in half in the middle of the trick, luckily i put one of my foot down before the other so i didn't get hit in the area.

"yo that shit was dope" a guy with his group said

"thankyou" i smile

i walk up to him

"um do u happen to know where i can get another board?" i ask

"you new here?" he asks and i nod staying silent

"yeah it's down the street, just walk down then turn two rights and you should see it" he says smiling

"thanks" i mumble

i pick up my board or as i should say 'boards' and i follow his directions ending up at the shop. i walk in and see a guy with dreads at the register with a blond  curly long hair guys next to him and also three more guys in the back on a couch.

"what's good shawty" i turn my head and see the curly headed talking to me and scrunch my eyebrows and shift uncomfortable.

"cut that shit out fuck shit leave her alone" the one with dreads groans in annoyance. fuck shit?

"i'm sorry for him" he says to me glaring this guys called fuck shit.

"what could i help you with" he smiles

"can i get a droors deck size 8, and just a new grip tape, i'll set it up" i quietly ask looking down

"yeah for sure lemme grab it" he smiles

he grab my board and a grip take. i pay him the cash and i pull out a switchblade and start putting on my grip take. i stick it down, then cut the edges and sand it down with the scraps i cut.

"here you need this" the guy with dreads gives me a skate tool.

i take the tool in screwing my barrings and trucks, and my wheels with it then quickly place it on my new one. i couldn't afford new ones. i quickly hand back the skate tool.

"shawty you skate?" the blond laughs and i nod silently

"bet she's a fucking poser" some buzz cut kid come and walk to the counter and i shrug

"not a talker?" the guys with the dreads say and i nod.

"i'm ray" he finally introduces himself

"this is fuckshit, rueban, sunburn, and the one back there is forth grade" i look at the couch and meet the boys eyes. i lol away after a few seconds turning back to them.

"she's kind of like forth grade" fuck shit says

"yeah very quiet" ray says nodding

"she's fifth grade" fuck shit says and they all agree in different ways

"um my names rose mary" i mumbled looking down

"so she speaks" Rueban says smiling

"well now your fifth grade" fuck shit says

"alright well we finna go skate this big ass stair case, you wanna come?" ray asks and i think about it for a second.

fourth grade and sunburn finally get up from the couches in the back and meet us at the door. we then start skating, i skate behind them in the back but fourth grade is next to me. seems like he doesn't like to be the center of attention either.

once we get to this huge stair case i sit on my board next to fourth grade and sunburn. while the others mess around. none of them had landed the rail of the stairs but ray was close.

"i wanna go" i mumble and fourth grade looked at me and watched me get up.

"yo fifth grade i don't think that's a good idea homegirl" fuck shit says

"wait fifth grade NO"  i hear sunburn say

i shrug it was too late. i run hopping onto my board with speed doing that varial kick flip landing on the railed than landing on the sidewalk.

"FUCK, SHIT , THAT WAS FUCKING MORE THAN DOPE" i hear fuck shit yell and they all look shock as i walk up the stairs. forth grade was recording the whole thing. they all yell in excitement for me and i just smile slightly sitting back next to fourth grade.

"that shit was awesome bro" ray comes up to me and smiles

"thankyou" i say quietly