Why Do We Have Strange Marks and What Do They Mean?

One minute, they were both singing - dancing and jumping around. The next - they both felt themselves falling, the sound of a crack above them reverberating not only around the floor above them but in the basement as well. They felt their bodies crash against the floor of their house's basement and then there was nothing. Nothing except blackness in their visions. Not to mention that they could've sworn that their lives flashed in their eyes.

Adam was the first to come to, not knowing what had happened as he stood up and looked around at his surroundings. His gaze finally focused onto Barbara, who lay there unmoving for a brief second before she sat up as well - rubbing at her head as her vision cleared and she looked up at Adam.

An awkward silence hung over the two of them for a while. Then Barbara was the first of the two to speak up. "What happened?"

Adam couldn't think of an answer immediately, him bending down and helping her up, the two of them then proceeding to dust themselves off before they turned looked at each other again. Adam rubbed at his arm and a look of clear confusion appeared on his face when he noticed that it felt a little frozen. But he brushed that off, deeming it normal as he always felt cold - even when he knew he was somewhere warm.

"Adam..." Barbara spoke up again, her tone a little nervous.

Both of them looked up, a little bit of light filtering into the basement through the hole created from their fall. Quickly but slowly, Adam and Barbara made their way over towards that same light - both of them feeling as though that was what they should do. They were both unsure of why, but they felt something pulling them towards said light. The moment they stepped into the light, however, they almost immediately felt themselves being pulled - or rather they were levitated out of the hole, neither one of them taking much notice of the bright lights that briefly appeared on their arms in unison only for all four of the lights to disappear and fade away completely afterwards.

As soon as they found themselves out of the hole and back on the main floor of the house in the living room, Adam and Barbara looked at one another in confusion before their attention focused on their surroundings.

Barbara's attention flicked to their fireplace, her just now taking notice of a fire burning in it at the moment. "Wait? I don't remember starting that fire..."

She stepped towards it, sitting herself down on the living room floor in front of the fire and holding her hands out in front of it to warm herself up. However, instead of her warming up immediately like she thought she would, Barbara's eyes widened as she noticed a couple flames from the fire now on her fingers. She quickly blew them out as she turned towards Adam - who had rushed over to her upon hearing her panicked cries.

"What was that?"

"I don't know. But that fire didn't feel hot like I thought it would be." Barbara's right arm was still extended out in front of her and in a position of which Adam immediately took notice of a weirdly colored mark in the middle of Barbara's arm - one that seemed to closely match the color of Adam's shirt.

"What's that?"

"What's what?" There was a tinge of confusion in Barbara's voice.

Adam gestured a hand over towards the plaid mark on Barbara's right arm. "That mark right there. On your arm."

Barbara looked down at that particular mark, then turned her attention over towards Adam and noticed a mark in the same place as hers on her husband's right arm. "You seem to have one too," she pointed out. "Except yours matches the color of my dress."

A look of confusion appeared on his face before he glanced down at his right arm. He did, in fact, have a mark there too.

They turned their heads at the slightest, but unfamiliar at the same time, sound coming from behind their couch - both of them backing up together into one corner of the living room with wary looks on their faces. That's when they looked down and noticed matching marks on their left arms - each one in the same place as the other was. And from the looks of it, both marks must've appeared the exact same time they briefly heard that noise.

And what made things even more strange, unusual, and confusing to both of them was that both of the marks that had probably just appeared were black and white striped.