Chapter 32: Back To Me Again

Start from the beginning

"Don't you dare. Or you will end up with a very cranky Mockingjay and trust me you don't want that!" she says.

"Yeah I'd miss spoiling you too much, and you can be pretty lethal when you want to be," I say as I unlock the bakery door. We walk inside and I close the door behind us. I turn on the light and she looks around.

"I haven't been around here in a while. I barely recognize it. I wish I visited you more," she says.

"It's not to late to start. I wouldn't mind having lunch with you here once or twice a week," I tell her.

"I wouldn't mind either," she says kissing my cheek, " So where do I start?"

"You can start moving the day old goods to the discount rack while I start on the new stuff," I say.

"Sounds fine," she says and starts to work behind the counter.

We both start working in silence until I hear her singing softly to her self.

"There's a ship out on the ocean
At the mercy of the sea
It's been tossed about, lost and broken
Wandering aimlessly
And God, somehow You know
That ship is me

Because there's a lighthouse in a harbor
Shining faithfully
Pouring its light out, across the water
For this sinking soul to see
That someone out there still believes in me

On a prayer, in a song
I hear your voice and it keeps me hanging on
Raining down, against the wind
I'm reaching out
Until we reach the circle's end
When you come back to me again

There's a moment that we all come to
In our own time and our own space
Where all that we've done, we can undo
If our heart's in the right place

On a prayer, in a song
I hear your voice and it keeps me hanging on
Raining down, against the wind
I'm reaching out
Until we reach the circle's end
When you come back to me again

Again and again I see
My yesterday in front of me
Unfolding like a mystery
You're changing all that is and used to be

On a prayer, in a song
I hear your voice and it keeps me hanging on
Raining down, against the wind
I'm reaching out
Until we reach the circle's end
When you come back to me again

When you come back to me again"

As soon as she finishes the bell on the door rings and a little girl about five with pig tails comes in. Katniss smiles at her.

"Hi sweetie, how can I help you today?" she says. The little girl smiles at her.

"My name is Sherri, I'm five years old and I would like a chocolate chip cookie, please," she says boldly which makes Katniss laugh.

"Well, I'm Katniss, I'm 17 years old, and I'll get you that cookie," she jokes back. Sherri looks at her in awe.

"The Mockingjay?" she asks. Katniss smiles as she hands the little girl her cookie.

"That's what some people call me," Katniss says," but you can call me Katniss." she says squatting to Sherri's height.

"Here's your money," Sherri says trying to hand Katniss a quarter.

"That's okay, you keep it. The cookie's a gift," she says looking back at me and I nod.

"Thank you! I better get going to school, Bye-bye Miss Katniss! Bye Mr. Peeta," she says waving to me before skipping out the door, but then she pops her head back in for a second," By the way, you have a really pretty voice Miss Katniss," she says.

"Thank you Sherri, now go on to school, you'll be late," Katniss says and the little girl disappears. I look at her and laugh. "What?" she asks.

"Miss Katniss?" I ask.

"Mr. Peeta?" she shoots back.

"Yeah, that cutie suckers a free cookie out of me every time she comes in here," I say. She nods in agreement. " You know you were pretty cute with her."

"Don't get all exited just yet. We aren't even married yet and don't plan on having one of those for a couple years after that," she says.

"I know but a boy can dream can't he?" I ask.

"As long as they don't put crazy ideas in his head. Now get back to your dough bread boy," she says playfully.

I shake me head and get back to work. And as much as I try, I can't help but imagine what Katniss would look like holding our own child.
----------------------------------
Hey. Another chapter in less than a week. Woohoo! School got cancelled so I wrote. Can't wait to see if we win our SRL league title this weekend. We already have a piece, lets get the whole thing. Sorry that doesn't really apply to you guys. My last practice is tomorrow and Saturday is my last game, but on the bright side, I'll be able to write way more and even update The Baker's son more often which will rock. Talk to you guys real soon.

Love y'all
Rock on!
-Kayla