I shall be there with you.

Chapter Three – I shall be there with you.

The night sky above the planet Horika, a blanket of lights moulded above the atmosphere. The 12 planets in the sky, 13 with Horika, float around globes of other life. Shooting stars close to the Starian belt were the visions seen from the planet below and upon the planet below resting on thick frog pads above the lake the two lovers gazed above. The stars matched lines in their heads until shapes were formed. A combination of the shooting stars, their new romance and their last night in the village somewhat made an appealing way to spend the late hour.

“What were your dreams Jaro?” Cherrie asked holding her hand in the air. At the time they floated so that their heads met vertically.

“You mean when I was growing up?” Jaro responded shifting his weight

“Yeah, you know mine... you never speak of yours though” Cherrie preceded looking up which because Jaro was floating in that direction meant she was looking at him.

“I haven’t thought about it to be quite honest. I don’t know. I’ve always wanted to grow like my father, a solider” Jaro answered her, just after he did Jaro sat up and crossed his legs. Cherrie followed and crossed hers. “I don’t want to ever leave you, but I must follow this dream” Jaro continued and held his hands out in front of him.

“Where ever you go, I shall be there with you. We are two halves now, we must stay together to be whole” She pointed out and took his hands. They looked in each other’s eyes light in their eyes from the reflection of the night sky.

Half a heart beat later each of their hairs stood on end as the sound that would soon lead their hearts to race. Their blood to boil, their brains to act irrationally had entered their ears and was busy preparing them for the catastrophe that caused the sound and would cause the great shift.

The sound in question was that of a scream from the village and made them immediately turn in the direction of the village which moments later looked more like a bonfire. Houses burning to the ground and an army running through the streets. Pulling people from their houses and throwing them in a pile. The pile which was seen as next to the well was being inspected by other army members that pulled the teeth from their mouths undressed them of their clothes and yanked out anything of value. The two watched as the piles burned and the fields set alight. The army looked more like black shadows and in the centre were five standing perfectly still and no bothered by the happenings around them.

Jaro and Cherrie stepped off the pads and keeping their heads forward slowly walked to the village. Holding hands and bending feet they trotted to the wall keeping separating the lake. The both both of them noticed what the Five were looking at. There was one in front of them that did not burn. They were standing by the East entrance, the well in front of them, the character not burning and then the wall stood in front of them.  The character they were looking at appeared to look like the shadow like the army but it glowed a red in side of their chest. They seemed almost transparent, all most as if they had already felt the pain and yet they were hurt. Kneed on the ground and holding their chest. The central member of the five held out their hand and a black circle begun to appear. Jaro jumped over the wall and in between the character and the five people. He stood tall his arms out straight and standing tall. The circle the person had created stopped as the hand closed.

“You!” the voice called over and sounded like the voice of a woman. Jaro nodded. “You know nothing of this demon. He will make a fine gift for Kaos.” The voice continued firmly and loudly. Jaro and the woman kept eyes on each other even though the five were wearing caped robes.

“You must leave here” Jaro shouted over, there was a slight quiver in his voice as he did and his body shook however slightly. The middle one fell forward screaming and slowly lifted her head.