I just nodded while looking at the person in front of us. She's just looking at Yeji while smiling, flipping pages of her book while biting her pencil.

"Polynomials is kinda hard for me, Kwangbae. Can you teach me this first?"

Polynomials? Is it addition? Like 1+1 equals window!

What if I became math wizard and help Yeji about mathematics instead?

———

I rested my head on the headrest of the swivel chair after updating my story. I'm sure Yeji would be happy reading that. Too bad I was too young to realize back then that we were really destined for each other.

Reading a book with both of your english names in it wasn't a coincidence after all.

I grabbed my phone from the table and dialed Yeji's number. It's ringing but she's not answering the call. She's probably busy in her office right now since it's still 5 pm.

chiwon
wouldn't you mind other ppl finding out your true identity, author-nim? i knew a hyewonie but idk if she's that kwangbae in your story

madpotato
nah she said she wouldn't mind didn't you check her wall?

ijwannaread
don't be shy ask that hyewonie about authornim's surname

hauhau
don't be shy share your knowledge

dumbdumberdumbest
don't be shy give me more information

madpotato
calm your butt guys we don't invade our favorite author's privacy

nosananolife
don't be shy tell us more @chiwon

chiwon
lmao @sssniperwolf grab your armies

I stopped scrolling when I heard the door open. I turned to see Yeji with a smile on my face but it quickly faded soon as I saw her gloomy eyes.

"Pretty, you fine?" I got up to meet her. I'm almost 2 steps closer but she still hasn't responded.

"You looked exhausted, baby.." I mumbled. It's too early, I wonder why she went home already. "Yeji—" I tried holding her bag but she tossed it in front of me.

"I'm so tired." Yeji mumbled.

"Then have a rest, Yeddeong-ah..." I murmured, "oh wait— I'll fix the bed." I stated when I noticed that my things were laying on the bed.

"I'm so tired of this shit."

"What's your problem? Did something happen?" I asked, stacking the pile of clothes that I haven't hang inside the closet.

"Dad just declined one of my proposal." she said, still standing in front of the doorway.

"Because you can't win all the time, baby—"

"You don't understand! I worked hard for it, Ryujin-ah! And I'm his daughter why can't he acknowledge my work at least?!"

I breathed heavily and put the pile of clothes on the chair before walking towards her, "calm down...I know you're doing your best." I uttered.