It was a full family affair and the table was made increasingly smaller because Regulus knew that this was meant to be the dinner that they used to commemorate Estrella Montague, yet this wasn't the case this year as the Montague's refused to show up. Regulus couldn't blame them, when he heard what had happened to Atlas his heart had gone to his toes.

Caspian turned up in his room crying and shouting, regulus was confused but then he had realised Atlas had been set up and he knew that in the moment, Caspian had thought regulus had known about it and he hadn't.

Seeing Caspian in that state had broken Regulus' heart and he knew that he had to learn occlumency because Regulus Black needed to protect Caspian Montague with his whole heart. He needed to be able to keep Caspian safe.

"Welcome, again it is another year in which we remember our friend, our ally, Estrella. She was a treasure in our lives and she would be extremely devoted to our cause," Walburga started

Regulus shook his head and laughed slightly at what his mother was saying, he knew for a fact that Estrella Montague would want what made her children happy and he knew that being a 'Death Eater' was not one of them. He listened and listened to Walburga drone on about how Estrella was into all the ideals of blood purity and how it was important in their lifestyles even today.

Regulus knew that Arcturus was different, he had changed his mind about the purity ideals and he wanted the children that he had to be happy and good. Regulus was failing to see why Walburga couldn't be like that. He was tapping his finger against the table when he felt narcissa wrap her hand around his and squeeze it tightly.

Narcissa knew that Regulus didn't want this, he was only a child so she made a promise to herself that she would always protect him no matter what, Regulus was her favourite cousin after all. Narcissa liked Sirius, she did, but liking Sirius came with a lot of risks and Narcissa was one for a peaceful life.

Regulus listened to the idle conversation when Bellatrix had stood up with a menacing smirk and tapped her awfully lengthened finger nails against her glass. Regulus rolled his eyes as he took a small sip of his wine and turned to see what she had to say for herself.

"The dark lords quest for a new recruit amongst Atlas Montague did not work, the filthy blood-traitor refused and now he pays the price," regulus squeezed Narcissa's hand as he began to feel sick "therefore we have a recruit on the inside of the family, come." Bellatrix called

Regulus' heart went to his throat, a recruit on the inside? Wh— was it one of the brothers? Regulus kept his face stoic and calm as he waited to see who walked through the door but his heart was beating one hundred miles a minute.

What would he do if Caspian walked through the door? Caspian wouldn't, he knew there'd be too much at stake so it would make sense! Regulus felt Narcissa rub a pattern on his hand with her thumb like they used to do when they were children and he let out a small exhale when the door was pushed open.

"Jack Avery," Bellatrix announced in her high pitched voice

Regulus' head snapped upwards as he saw the smirk of Jack Avery appear through the doors. Regulus looked up at Narcissa who subtly nodded once and yet again squeeze his hand.

Despite Narcissa being quite cold normally she loved regulus and she was always attentive to other people's feelings which is what made her more similar to Andromeda than Bellatrix. It was the one thing that regulus had held onto as Bellatrix hadnt half scared him. She was crazy crazy and regulus knew that she must have had some form of mental illness — which regulus really wanted her to see a therapist about — but she had no remorse and that's what made Bellatrix scary.