An Empire Game

It was a hot summer day. The holidays just began and I went to an empire game. I usually went there for the games but at this day, some things turned different.

As I arrived at the stadium I went to my seat and sat down. I was pretty excited because I was going to meet my best friend Jessie.
I saw her in her red jacket with a smile on her face "Y/N!!" she screamed and I walked over to her.
We hugged eachother and I sat down next to her.
Jessie was in therapy at this time but she never told me why, I just know that she had a boyfriend that was 10 years older than her.

Jessie never was really interested in the games but this time I saw her looking at a blonde curly hair boy.
He was probably a new batboy of the New York Empires.

A few minutes later the batboy caught a ball and Jessie asked: "Y/N, you wanna come with me and ask for the ball?", I actually wasn't really interested in boys but I said yes and then we walked to the boy.

Jessie said: "Nice catch!" and the boy turned around. I saw him and instantly felt something weird in my stomach.
"Can we have the ball?" Jessie asked and the boy looked at me. I got nervous as he looked at me and the weird feeling in my stomach got even more.
"I might get in trouble.." he said. "Well, we wouldn't want that..." she answered kinda disappointed. "I'm Jessie." "Pete to meet you Jessie" the boy answered and I giggled. "I mean - please to meet you I'm Pete" he said while he was laughing.

"And I'm Y/N" Pete looked at me with a smile and I didn't even notice that we were literally staring into each other's eyes.

As we both stopped staring at each other I could feel my face turn red. "Well Y/N I think it's better if we go back to our seats now" Jessie said. I agreed and wanted to go after Jessie but then Pete took my hand gave me the ball and said "You can have it but don't tell Jessie!" "Sure but didn't you say you'd get in trouble?" "probably" he answered, I smiled and went to my seat.

"There you are!" Jessie said "Yea I just got a call from my mom" "What did she say?" "Nothing important.." As Jessie was daydreaming I tried to write my phone number on the baseball so I could give it back to Pete. Luckily she didn't notice.

~After the game~

Petes POV:

I was so happy that the Empires won but I was in a hurry because I was pretty late, at this day my grandma celebrated her birthday and My sister betsy, my mom and me are the only people she has left.

Rich was one of the new batboys just like me and broke his arm but he gave me the baseball I gave to Y/N. First I thought she just gave it back because she didn't want it but then I looked at the baseball and saw a Phone number.

I didn't know why but I already liked her and was so happy as I saw the phone number. Lou asked me to do a favor for Kenny Baines. First I was about to say no because of the birthday party but then lou said: "Well then I have to find a new batboy" and I said yes and came late to the birthday party.

I needed to bring Kenny Baines car to a garage but the garage was closed so I just took it with me at home. As I arrived at home my mom argued with betsy and as she saw me she just hugged me "Where have you been?" she said in a worried voice. "Scrabble, I won and I'll probably will come more often late." I answered. That was a lie but I couldn't tell her that I was a batboy because she didn't want me to be a batboy because of school.

When I went to bed I couldn't sleep so I went outside to the car and tried to call Y/N. "Hello?" I heard her voice and felt a warmth in my heart. "Uh hi I- it's me Pete"

Y/N's POV:

I felt my heart racing as I heard his voice. I tried to focus on what I wanted to say but the feeling was harder. "Are you free after the game Tommorow?" I couldn't believe he asked this. For a second I freaked out in hope he didn't notice. Then I said "Yes sure, what you wanna do?" "that's a surprise". "Okay.. Well I gotta go see you Tommorow at the stadium"
I said. "See you and good night" "Good night" I said and Hang up.

~The next day~

I went to the stadium and saw Pete in the dugout. He seemed a bit worried so I went over to him. He saw me and looked at me like he was surprised to see me. I thought that he forgot about me but I just sat down next to him on the bench.

Pete's POV:

I almost forgot about Y/N. I was just thinking about the thing that happened today. I got caught by the police driving the car too fast and I didn't know that there were drugs in the car. These are obviously from baines but I just wanted to keep him save from his job so I said they were mine. As Y/N sat down next to me I said "Y/N I'm sorry..."

Y/N's POV:

He really forgot about me.. I was a bit sad but I don't know if that's normal. I never really had a boyfriend before so I was excited to see a boy but I didn't expect this. I still wanted to act like I'm not sad or anything like that. "It's okay...what happened?". In that Moment an older woman walked over to Pete. It was his mom Lynne. She was mad and worried and yelled at Pete "So you took a job here. This is why you came home last night?! The police called.. They said that there were drugs in the car and they are yours?!". I felt so bad for Pete because I don't think that he'd do something like that he also doesn't look like he's taking any drugs. Then his mom turned around and looked at me "Who are you?" "I'm Y/N.." . "Mom she's a friend and has nothing to do with this whole thing". It was so cute how he protected me if I could call it protecting it just felt like it. "Alright, I just wanted to pick you up, you'll talk to the police tomorrow and tell them the truth. But we still could take Y/N with us. Of course only if she's okay with that". I immediately said Yes and was happy that I could still spent some time with Pete.

-I'm sorry if there are any spelling mistakes English is only my second language:)