chapter four!

chapter four! the french trip

─── ✞ ───

"There's so much I want to do,"
Clare declared, counting each activity on her fingers as they walked out of the assembly hall after the eurotrotter's trip had been announced, "The Champs-Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre-" 

"I'd love to go to the Lourve," Aoife smiled, her arm linked with Orla's as they moved down the corridor. James turned his attention to Aoife, a smile unknowingly forming on his face as he clung to her every word, "All that beautiful artwork."

"A French fella," Michelle interrupted a smirk forming on her red lips, "That's what I want to do. Nation of rides. My fanny is going funny just thinking about it."

"Could you not use that word, Michelle?" Erin pleaded, her nose cringing in disgust.

"What? Fanny?" Michelle asked, a smirk crossing her face.

"Why do you always have to be so coarse?" Clare snapped, turning around to face Michelle.

"What is the big deal? We all have one," Michelle sighed, 

"I don't," James mumbled.

"You are one," Michelle spat back, James' smile dropping from his face, Aoife gave him a gentle smile, hoping to pick his spirit back up.

"Of course, Beckett lived in Paris and if anybody's influenced my writing, it is..." Erin started, her usual daydreaming look forming on her face once more.

"Brenda Beckett from 12a?" Aoife questioned, furrowing her eyebrows at her cousin's statement.

"No, not Brenda Beckett. Beckett Beckett," Erin scoffed.

"If we go to Paris, I'd like to meet Nicole," Orla spoke up, unlinking her arm from Aoife's and picking off a piece of lint from the swirly rock dummy.

"Who is Nicole?"

"For God's sake. How many times? It's just an ad. She's not a real person," Erin scowled, her cousin's naiveness getting on her nerves once more, "Neither is Papa,"

"It would be good conversation practice as well, you know, for the orals," James spoke up, watching as Aoife smiled up at her naive cousin.

"Which will be the only oral that you get," Michelle spat, finding yet another chance to attack her cousin.

"Lovely Michelle,"