L!wilbur CG!philza (part 1)

(THIS IS IN TWO PARTS. PART TWO IS BEING WRITTEN)

heyy this isnt a request sorry. i wanted to get a bunch of requests out for the days ive been missing (as of writing, 9 days not including weekends?) so im writing something that isnt a request to hopefully get into writing again. ive been feeling super burnt out lol. this will be written after i have the days missing written as oneshots.

this prompt is featured in my rambles book (on AO3) and one of the first chapters i think. so enjoy :] also this is a wattpad sees it first moment, bcuz this will only be uploaded to ao3 when i have all of them done

also i know its a little weird and hard to follow (the thing) but just imagine its when lmanburg still existed and like everyone we have currently is on the smp already and there are no (*current) problems. also, puffy owns a separate shop that is mentioned.

word count ;; 1300ish

-

"thank you for coming today boys!"

niki spoke as cheerful as ever, opening a gate that led into the play area. there was no need for it, as anyone could step over it, and no 'pay' was required, but it did add to the colorful aesthetic.

paper garlands covered the place wall to wall, every wall the same bright blue color.  the whole place was an old run-of-the-mill children's play place, save for the drawings taped up. except it wasn't for actual children, it was for the littles of the dreamsmp.

quite a few people used it, as it was safe for experienced littles and newly discovered ones.

"i'm surprised you're here wilbur," niki said with a smile. niki herself wasn't a little as far as they knew, but she took great pride in being the manager of the place. "got nothing to do?"'

wilbur looked away from the drawings on the walls, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "i've got plenty to do, just felt i should stop avoiding them for my own... things." he said, nodding his head towards tommy and techno, both of which were excitedly blabbing to each other.

"well no matter the reason, i'm glad you're here." she smiled. "would you and the boys like some hot cocoa?"  she asked, turning her head to phil. phil nodded, "yeah, thanks."

wilbur was going to say no to the hot cocoa, but niki was already on her way to the staff room. he took a moment to breathe, settling his upcoming panic attack.

"go on boys," phil stepped into the play area, tommy and techno running in before him. he stood near a wall, leaning on it.

wilbur followed the two meekly, glancing back to phil. the elder sent him an encouraging smile.

wilbur didn't feel any better from it.

he had a headache, one that was so dull it became painful over the hours he had it. it poked at his brain and was overall unsettling. all because he was fighting down the real him. he who only a small percentage of this SMP had seen.

wilbur was a leader, he led a nation, a great one at that, that would prosper on for years. one day, he'd be the most powerful, and yet the most secluded in his towering walls. yeah, that sounded nice. so he didn't need to be lectured on whether or not his smaller self would easily fall into the hands of 'bad people', niki. he wasn't an object, and he wasn't that careless.

admittedly, sitting in a tiny building specifically built for littles was better than worry about that. or maybe it was just telling him he was subject to failure with keeping his secret.

"hey boys, i need to go talk to niki real quick." wilbur spoke. his gaze shifted from the staff door back to the boys in front of him. they stopped playing, giving him a look of confusion. "okay wilby," tommy said, being the mentally older of the two at the time. techno gave him a polite nod as a substitution for not being able to speak, paci going limp in his mouth. wilbur smiled, propping himself on his knee to get up from the ground. he ruffled both of the boy's hair and turned, "i won't be gone long."

before leaving, he apologized to phil, quickly rushing to the back.

"niki!-"

wilbur burst through the door, shocking niki as she looked back to him. "will, you're not exactly supposed to be back here." niki said, placing cups down. "what is it?" she asked.

"prime, i need help," wilbur said, letting the door close behind him. had this had been any other situation, wilbur would've possibly laughed at niki's horror-stricken face, but his head was far too foggy to see it even remotely funny. "why did i agree to this? i was already failing today!" he cried.

"oh, wilbur." niki cooed. she opened her arms to him, prompting for a hug which wilbur gladly took. he clutched onto the back of her shirt, head resting on her shoulder.

at that time, puffy rounded the corner with bags of what wilbur guessed to be for activity time, guessing how they were labeled with her paint store logo. "hey niki, i- what's happening with wilbur?"

"wilbur's just feeling bad, that's all." niki said, but puffy could tell it was more than that. judging by the male's body actions, how he clung to niki when she tried to move, and how she whispered sweet nothings to him when he started to whine.

puffy set her bag of supplies on the counter, "mhm.." she hummed. she set to work finishing the hot cocoa niki couldn't get done. "so, he's a little yeah?"

niki sighed, "yeah, but he's doing it in secret." she mumbled, running her fingers through wilbur's hair. "why though?" puffy asked, "both of his brothers are over there right now aren't they? and they have a caregiver. he's safe to regress." she moved to the mini-fridge now, pulling out the whipped cream. "heck, even technoblade is out there, he's the last person i'd think to be a little but he seems pretty happy with it." she gave the younger a smile, and niki nodded.

"yes, but-"

"but am big," wilbur cut in, his voice muffled into niki's shoulder. "gots ta pwotect.. tech.. 'nd tom." he yawned mid-sentence, lifting his head to rub at his eye.

"that's why." niki said after he finished, waiting for him to stopping rubbing his eye. when he did, she gently pulled him down to her shoulder again, rubbing his back. "it's like what you'd imagine technoblade to be, a 'too strong be a regressor' mentality." she explained.

puffy let out a hum to show she was listening. once done with the hot cocoa, she turned her back and leaned on the counter, facing the duo. "well, as much as i'd love to help him until he's big again, we have a busy day today." niki sighed, "yeah me too.."

the three of them sat in silence with the occasional hum to wilbur to reassure him of any bad things. after some waiting, puffy said she should go give everyone their hot cocoa, and left.

puffy walked out with the cups in hand, approaching the group with a warm smile. "hey phil," she said, handing the elder his cup, "how's it goin'?" phil beamed when she spoke, as did the boys beside him. she handed tommy and techno their cups and turned back to phil. "all's well." he smiled.

"say, have you noticed anything up with wilbur lately?" she asked, feigning her best innocent voice. she already knew what was up with wilbur, and fortunately, phil took the bait with no questions.  phil's smile fell, "yes actually, he's been avoiding all of us more often." he said, gesturing to tommy and techno. said boys giggled, as if on cue, babbling to eachother. normally if they were happy, he was happy, but something had been nagging at phil all day.

"yeah, i noticed too. you should talk to him, use any method you see fit." puffy leaned down and ruffled techno's hair, then moved to pat tommy's head when he fussed about not getting attention. "i've gotta get back to work... bye!" she smiled and left, leaving a very confused philza.

"use any method you see fit?"

by time puffy was near the staff room, wilbur stumbled out, tripping over himself once or twice, he wasn't counting. he gave a wave to niki as thanks, turning in front of him to see puffy. puffy gave him a smile and walked away into the room. wilbur watched her leave, confusion eminent on his face. he shrugged it off, thinking it was just normal behavior, walking back to philza.