Chapter 16

*Niall's POV* 

When I heard my name spill out of her mouth, I swear my heart skipped a beat- or ten. 

"Yes, Delaney?" My eyes were wide and locked on the road ahead of us. My heart was beating out of my chest in rapid thumps. I was nervous. I planned on telling her today, later tonight. After we got back to my flat, I was going to ask if she wanted to spend the rest of the day together. I was going to show her all the in's and out's of London. Then take her to the recording studio and tell her. This isn't the way I wanted her to find out, and an odd way it was. I mean, odd but not odd. She heard me sing and put all the pieces together. 

I shifted my eyes to her quickly then back at the road. She was staring at me with her mouth open. 

"I was going to tell you." I sighed, resting my elbow on the door of the car, running my fingers through my hair. "I was going to ask you to spend the rest of the day with me, then bring you to the studio where I would tell you." I stopped at a red light and looked at her. She was typing something on my phone. 

"I just can't believe I didn't notice. Your song was literally playing in my Uber on the way to the airport in Chicago." She looked up at me, smiled, then back down at my phone. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and stared at her. Was she not mad? She wasn't completely freaking out. She wasn't fangirling. She was acting normal. 

A honk from behind pulled me out of my thoughts. I snapped my head forward and saw the light ahead turned green. 

The familiar opening to a song I know too well came on and I couldn't help but smile. 

I know what she's like 

She's out of her mind

And wraps herself around the truth

"Niall Horan has played the world's biggest stages and heard his lyrics screamed back at him. He's smashed Guinness records with his old band and shared Guinness pints with fabulous people." 

"You really had to look me up on Spotify didn't you." I laughed. 

"Yes, yes I did. I wanted to hear some of your music. Plus how could I not read your biography?" Delaney explained as she looked at me and smiled. 

"Well I could just show you my music later at the studio." I glanced over at her and winked. 

"Ni, I would love to, but what about Christina and Aurora? I can't just leave them all day." 

I made a left hand turn into a parking garage, the parking garage to my building. "Sure you can. They'll be fine. I'll recommend places for you to tell them to go where we won't be so we don't have to see them." 

She shook her head and smiled, "You're crazy... tell me places to tell them."  

I pulled into a parking spot and put the car in park. I knew I wanted to spend the rest of the day with her, but I never got to the part where I knew where we would be going. I grabbed my phone from the cup holder and opened safari. I typed in 'places to visit in London and surrounding cities', and a good amount of really touristy things came up. 

"Alright, first ask them what their plans are for the day. Honestly, It's a beautiful day and I know that hotel has a roof top pool. Wouldn't be surprised if they just stay there all day and relax." I said shifting in my seat so I was turned more toward her. 

"Wait a minute. My hotel has a roof top pool?" Delaney looked at me with wide eyes and jaw hanging open. 

"Yes, it does. Perfect for 'Instagram photos'." I explained using air quotes.