It's just friendship?

Taka's sudden scream silences the two of them causing silence to fall again in the room.
The two boys stare at the boy still sitting on the bed he was panting with the scream he gave in frustration.

Chihiro: "What-?"

Mondo: "What do you by that?"

The two asked after a moment of silence confused by Taka's response

Taka: "Since we ended up in this situation I haven't done anything useful to help, and every time I tried to help no one listened to me!" He's eyes started to go dark "when I saw that ticket in front of my door.... I thought someone started trusting me.... and so he wanted to have my help... but... it was just a trap...." some tears start to sell off his cheeks "you're right Mondo.... I was a fool.... to believe that someone wanted my help...." he starts  cry putting a hand on his face.

Mondo: "Gh-! N-no Taka I didn't mean-!"  "Fuck! why I always screw everything up?!"

Mondo doesn't know what to do, he hates to see him cry but what he could tell him?
Chihiro, understanding the situation, grabs his friend by the sleeve and signals him to go to him, he doesn't know what he can do yet, but he decides to follow his instinct.
Mondo approaches Taka and takes him by the shoulders

Mondo: "Oi Taka, look at me"

Taka looks at him with those sad red eyes

Mondo: "Listen you are not an idiot" he start "the only idiot here is me, I was angry and worried about this situation and when I'm like this I say things that go through my head that I don't really think, and for sure I don't think that  you are an idiot, so don't you dare to think that" Mondo takes his jacket from Taka's legs and puts it on her shoulders "and don't think you are useless in this situation, Chihiro and I also didn't do much to help, especially me since I'm not very smart, but you are Taka, and in that case we might need your help as you might be a potential witness. So stop thinking you're an idiot or useless, ok bro?"

Taka remains silent, but slowly nods, wiping his eyes with a sleeve of his uniform, Mondo's words had calmed him a little.

Mondo smiled, but before he could add anything, Taka hug him

Taka: "....thank you, Mondo..."

the motorcyclist was surprised by his sudden gesture, since they had never hugged each other like that

Mondo: "anytime, Taka" he just ignoring that sense of surprise and he hug him back smiling

Chihiro smile seeing that scene, he has seen their friendship grow a lot in the last few days, but he has never seen them hugging eachother in that way, in fact he suspects that there is more than just friendship, but for now he prefers not to say anything, one because  he wants to check if what he thinks is true or not, and second he doesn't want to ruin that cute scene.